optimus v not supported by google play anymore! !!

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but this has a major problem with root and non rooted optimus v. I was wondering why my phone shows optimus one in the market everytime I post I thought I screwed my build prop up cause I have changed it before.so I looked all over found a thread on the actual google play site of supported devices. Google has went to far this time they took our phones off of the list and now were stuck with a half blank supported market. I don't understand why maybe it has to do with this whole security thing with the radio update. If anyone has any further info on this id be happy to learn more this effects us all and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I'm about to upgrade my phone cause the apps aren't even made for our phones I smell a app lock out

That's a new one. I just updated 8 apps a couple hours ago, no problems at all...and Google counts all variants of the Optimus One (V, U, C, T, M, S, Vortex, Thrive and Phoenix) under one family, LG Optimus One.

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but this has a major problem with root and non rooted optimus v. I was wondering why my phone shows optimus one in the market everytime I post I thought I screwed my build prop up cause I have changed it before.so I looked all over found a thread on the actual google play site of supported devices. Google has went to far this time they took our phones off of the list and now were stuck with a half blank supported market. I don't understand why maybe it has to do with this whole security thing with the radio update. If anyone has any further info on this id be happy to learn more this effects us all and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I'm about to upgrade my phone cause the apps aren't even made for our phones I smell a app lock out

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Still see the Optimus One series listed along with the successors of the specific Optimus V, the Optimus Slider (VM-701) and the Optimus Elite.

I have heard of major difficulties using Play with the unofficial Jelly Bean ports (a lot has to do with Google having not updated its core devices to JB except currently the Nexus) except for I think BobZ's version, which I won't use until the SD-ext problems (can't risk using Link2SD) are fully resolved...

Reactions: dlinderaz

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Huh I remember specificily I paid for a optimus v not a one. This all wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for that stupid zv9 update, u messed with their stuff now their taking it out on everyone thanks alot

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Huh I remember specificily I paid for a optimus v not a one. This all wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for that stupid zv9 update, u messed with their stuff now their taking it out on everyone thanks alot

Like the poster above and what I have said. The V is part of the Optimus One family. I never have gone to ZV9, stuck with the original baseband (for me its ZV5, bricked a ZV4 though) and there are ways to downgrade from ZV9 back to 5 or 4 if 9 causes problems...

I am also betting something might be wrong with your Google Account...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You said you messed with your build.prop, I imagine that it hasn't been changed back exactly right. The Optimus V should have no issues with the Play store.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

your tone implies that the ac community messed your phone up, (i see no lol or jk's) Please try and remember we are here to help all we can.

also how did post 1 quote post 2?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I ran the ZV9 update right when it came out, and I can still get apps just fine. If you'd like to detail the steps you took to get here, what ROM you're running, etc... we'd be glad to help.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by gearsofwar23
Huh I remember specificily I paid for a optimus v not a one. This all wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for that stupid zv9 update, u messed with their stuff now their taking it out on everyone thanks alot..

no man,they don't roll that way. they come to your house!!! :eek:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
your tone implies that the ac community messed your phone up, (i see no lol or jk's) Please try and remember we are here to help all we can.

also how did post 1 quote post 2?

Lol , the forum upgrade is buggy at the moment so the database probably switched the posts up lol . Nice catch though!

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that too. Confused me for a sec while reading this thread.

Also the optimus v is an optimus one with a few changes and a different carrier. Its exactly what you paid for.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing "Optimus One" in the build ID of my old man's OV for a year now. I thought it was because he's running a custom rom, (used to be Backside IHO, now MiRaGe CM7 IHO ). I thought that some of the source code used was from the Optimus One phone. I'm not a dev so I'm not "in the know" about these things. Maybe Google LUMPED all the Optimus "letter series" phones under one category? His phone still gets app updates, and Google Drive Sync is still working for him. No problems here. If everything is still working then don't sweat it. If they LOCK us out, then we can complain. And rest assured WE WILL!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech