question: old v (zv4) vs new v (zv5) rom compatibility.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
As I have stated before in rom threads i have both the old plastic screened optimus v and the glass screened optimus v. I don't see any info in the stickies about this so I want to ask.

All cm 7 based roms run with no restarts on both phones, with overclocking up to 806 stable on both.

cm 10 is almost as stable as 7 on both phones but moreso on the older optimus.

cm9 has peculiar issues with the newer optimus in ways that baffle me. After running for awhile and getting everything installed and set up it will decide to reboot at random yet common places. Sometimes with gmail when you open a message and start to scroll down. Sometimes when opening application management in settings. And every once in a while when it wants to. After it starts rebooting it becomes faster and more frequent.

With the old optimus set up the same way i can achieve at least 4 hours of no rebooting.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on zv4, and I have gotten random reboots on all versions of CM9 for the OV. Granted, it doesn't happen that often. I think I've only gotten 1 on Bobz 9.1, but I haven't been on it that long. I've experienced plenty on AOKP. But I've done lots of tweaking with the OC, so take it for what it's worth. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol