From 2.2.2 to CM7 2.3.7 step by step guide
Most steps are copied from http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...ustom-rom.html and http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...v-cm7-2-a.html
Prerequisit: Rooted LG OptimusV running 2.2.2 (root by Gingerbreak)
Install CWM:Install the Flash Image GUI app, [App] Flash Image GUI - Flash Kernels and Recoveries from normal Android mode! - xda-developers to OV; Download the recovery image VM670NH_recovery.img, VM670NH_recovery.img (works with new & old OV
screens) onto your /sdcard. Run Flash Image GUI and select 'Recovery Image' option with the file, VM670NH_recovery.img; now you have CWM installed.
Download SGIII ROM CM7 2.3.7 into /sdcard, http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...v-cm7-2-a.html, dont install anything yet.
Boot OV into CWM by vol-/home/power on, make backup, navigation vol +/-/camera/backup key and prepare OV for custom ROM installation: Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then uner Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.
Browse ROM.zip file and install.
Now enjoy your OV, or Samsung Galaxy III theme CM7 2.3.7, a step up from 2.2.2
Whats working: everything.
Whats not working: wifi hotspot
Before: battery 'leak' under Froyo and phone gets hot, random reboot, and short battery life
after: it becomes a Samsung Galaxy III them CM7 2.3.7. None of the above problem recur.
- 09-19-2012, 12:56 AM #2
- 09-19-2012, 06:22 AM #3
- 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM #6
- By dr.duct_mossburg in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 33Last Post: 04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
- By dbornack in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 17Last Post: 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
- By erjennin in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 12Last Post: 03-27-2010, 01:00 AM
- By Ignitros in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 43Last Post: 03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
- By Japultra in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM