[ROM] [PORT] Modded JOYOS for Optimus V- HUGE UPDATE 11-11-12

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I loaded up this rom. It feels just like an iPhone lol. Its also got ridiculous battery life with stock settings, and somehow barely uses any system ram. Don't know how you did it, but this roms definitely added to my awesome roms list.

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm shopping for that last ROM my OV will ever load... I got a new phone on Black Friday and am going to turn my OV into a music player for my 12 y.o. I had been planning on doing Harmonia (simple and worry-free), but the idea of turning my phone into something that looks like an iTouch sounds like fun, too. So, for those who are running this -- Is this simple/stable enough even a kid can use it? Or, should I stick with tried and true? (Phone will not be activated. Main use cases will be tunein radio, music player, and camera.)

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm shopping for that last ROM my OV will ever load... I got a new phone on Black Friday and am going to turn my OV into a music player for my 12 y.o. I had been planning on doing Harmonia (simple and worry-free), but the idea of turning my phone into something that looks like an iTouch sounds like fun, too. So, for those who are running this -- Is this simple/stable enough even a kid can use it? Or, should I stick with tried and true? (Phone will not be activated. Main use cases will be tunein radio, music player, and camera.)

I will be doing the same for my son
As soon as my shiny evo shows up:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to port it over to your phone.
Since the slider is on the same network you will only need to swap a few files. You shouldn't have to edit the framework.jar.

For a better understanding go here: [GUIDE] How I Port

You should be able to port all ROMs made for the V over to the slider. You just have to figure out what files to pull from the framework of the slider and move over to the framework of the V ROM your porting to get the physical keyboard to work.

If you need help with the porting, or setting up APK MultiTool on your computer (if you do end up needing to edit the framework.jar or .apk), just PM me.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The biggest determining factor is the screen size. MDPI to MDPI = Success.
MDPI to LDPI = Failure.

The screens have to be the same size.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with this ROM, Thanks again for your hard work!

2 sweet surprise:
1) WIFI tether works, and smooth
2) download and install apps has an option to install directly on SD, save one step to move to SD after installation;
GPS works instantly
wifi catch on on 1st try
play store works

Installations: dl from OP, wipe everything, and install ROM/gapps and enjoy.

have NOT find anything that is not working... try very hard, still cannot find anything that does NOT work. Thanks again for a knockout ROM,

bun

Last edited:

Lionstrike

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with this ROM, Thanks again for your hard work!

2) download and install apps has an option to install directly on SD, save one step to move to SD after installation;

bun

How did you manage to download directly to SD card if I may ask? I haven't found that option.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
How did you manage to download directly to SD card if I may ask? I haven't found that option.

when click on app download from playstore, a menu comes up asked permission to download to storage, SD. Not quite sure where to do the setting. It just comes on by self. Sorry, not much of a help.

bun

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield