How Good BobZHome CM9.0 ICs?

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Android Central,
I want to upgrade my Optimus V to ICS but last time I tried I had issues with frequent reboots and horrible battery life. Are these issues still going on or is it safe upgrade at this point in time?
Thanks!

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
there are some workarounds that have come into play that work for some people, If you change from sio to deadline it reboots "less" same thing for jb too. But more or less yea.... same issue, and from what i can tell ics is abandoned because jelly bean is just as close, but jelly bean is getting so big that now we have to strip out huge chunks of the os to fit that dvd of a rom onto the floppy that is our phones... on top of that we only have 1 dev with jelly bean now, thats bobzhome. Bob is a fantastic developer, but is very busy.

That being said there is supposed to be a jb soon from tdm if i read it right. and bob has been working on the latest update for jb, but fighting the size problems.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Cm9 is actually cm9.1 (stable release) no random reboot on my phone but that's just me. I also flashed amphetamines and the egl patch though

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using bobz 9.1.0 and I don't have reboots. It works perfect on my phone except I get Facebook white screen sometimes. Bobz said on sunday he his going to update ICS 9.1.0 sometime this week so it not totally abandonded. I was using bobz 10.0.0 for a while and loving it but my service would kick off from time to time and I'm waiting on a call about a job so I went back to 9.1.0. As soon as I get call about job or 10.0.0 gets updated I'm going back to jellybean.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I found it quite stable once I optimized my clock settings. Try it again, set your min clock speed to 480, max at 600, with the InteractiveX governor. Use that as your starting point, confirm that it is stable for a while, and optimize yours from there. While your at it, try BobZ CM10. It's also very stable.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I would wait until the next build. He's integrating the same ext script he's using in CM10. I kept running out of space, with only 10 or so extra apps installed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Bobz cm10 is way more stable and runs way smoother. No random reboots at all on cm10. Best cyanogenmod on optimus v IMO.

Make sure to mention that there are still radio issues with this CM10 ROM. If you don't use data, or can deal with restarting semi-frequently to restore data, it's a fantastic ROM, and you should definitely give it a spin regardless.

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to mention that there are still radio issues with this CM10 ROM. If you don't use data, or can deal with restarting semi-frequently to restore data, it's a fantastic ROM, and you should definitely give it a spin regardless.

Bobz CM9 gives me data problems every other week, but Sprint 3G is so slow I ended up just keeping data turned off. I'm on wifi like 80% of the time anyway.

mhersh

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using GodzillaROM, which is based on BobZHome's. Battery life is at least as good (perhaps a bit better?) than I had with CM7 (which, in turn, was better than stock). Performance is good. I've had a few random reboots, but it's not a major problem.

The biggest problem I've had, which I haven't heard mentioned here, is with Gmail. Frequently, when I open an email, it will display the contents for a split-second, and then they will vanish. The message body will turn completely white. Once this starts, it will happen with every message. Force-quitting gmail doesn't help, clearing data doesn't help. Rebooting helps, and sometimes the problem will correct itself randomly, but it always comes back eventually. I've switched to K-9 Mail for now. I've Googled around and found a number of people with this problem, on various hardware. No solutions known.

Another problem is that 3G occasionally dies when coming out of a no-signal zone (like the subway). Turning Airplane Mode on and off doesn't help, but going into the settings and turning mobile data off and back on DOES fix the problem. This doesn't happen very often, and since there's a quick fix when it does, I don't mind so much.

The lack of USB tethering is a big bummer, since I used that often. I can still do wifi tethering with Barnacle, though.

I tried CM10, but it was very slow and had poor stability. It did work, but the pros were few and the cons were many, so I went back to ICS. Maybe I had bad luck. I'll try again with the next version.

I do occasionally get the "insufficient storage" message when installing/updating apps. I'm not sure why. I used Titanium Backup to batch-move a bunch of apps to the SD card. It seemed to work.

KJRob30

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Howdey everyone, I have a question. I flashed my VM670 over to bobZhome ICS. I love it. I actually did my phone and my girlfriends. Anyway, we are happy but there are a couple issues and I cant find an "Official" forum to address issues for this rom. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction? CyanogenMod Version 9.1.0.VM670.BobZhome. Thanks in advance for your help.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Howdey everyone, I have a question. I flashed my VM670 over to bobZhome ICS. I love it. I actually did my phone and my girlfriends. Anyway, we are happy but there are a couple issues and I cant find an "Official" forum to address issues for this rom. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction? CyanogenMod Version 9.1.0.VM670.BobZhome. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here it is:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/181030-rom-wip-cm9-1-0-bobz.html

I'm not sure Bob is going to updating it very much. He had said he was going to get back to his cm10 rom sometime early this year, but I'd assume, with his limited time, he's going to concentrate on cm10 over cm9. Then again, what do I know. Maybe Bob wants to work on both.

For a really nice cm9, check out theKraven's cold as ice in the optimus S forums. Not that BobZ cm9 isn't really nice, but theKraven has had a lot more time to fix bugs and whatnot.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/156640-rom-cold-ice-cm9-paranoid-android-ls670-11-20-zvd-basesband-alpha19.html

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The biggest problem I've had, which I haven't heard mentioned here, is with Gmail. Frequently, when I open an email, it will display the contents for a split-second, and then they will vanish. The message body will turn completely white. Once this starts, it will happen with every message.
I've had that issue. Since you've got Titanium Backup, there's a simple fix - run it, go to Batch mode, and choose "Clear cache for user & system apps." Run it for all apps (or at least most - you might pick a few to exclude). You ought to see a huge difference in your free memory, and the problem in Gmail ought to go away.

Clearing the cache will cause currently-running apps -- including your app browser -- to run slow for a few minutes while they rebuild their cache. Be patient for the first couple minutes. You can minimize this by keeping the number of apps you USE to a minimum, or running this after you've closed a bunch of apps you're not going to use. Each time you run an app for the first time after clearing the cache, it will build its own cache and leave files there - so as you add to the number of apps you open over time, memory availability will shrink.

Yes, it's a little clunky - but with this trick you can avoid a reboot, free a lot of RAM, even get around "Not enough available memory to install" errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs