Unstable OV

B10alia

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm back. I've gone through 3 OV's now...
New phone is running Harmonia 1.9. Recently, the phone has become very unstable, crashing frequently and rebooting itself. On reboot, it doesn't "remember" the settings that I have for my default app preferences. I also have a problem with installed widgets not appearing on my home screen. The widget app is installed and I can see it under settings, but the "error loading widget" box just keeps coming up. I have tried reinstalling LauncherPro, and I re-flashed the zip yesterday, with no problems. This is the same zip that I used on my two previous phones, which had non-software failures (the first one had a borked charging port and the second one's touchscreen stopped working while I was in the shower) with no problems. I cleared everything before both flashes and I am not overclocking. I have all my user apps on my SD card because I don't seem to have enough internal storage to put them all on there. I haven't installed many, my biggest hogs are Facebook and LauncherPro. The internal memory is more than half used up even with all the apps on the SD card.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd bet that your SD card is going bad. Try a fresh flash, and then run the phone without your SD card in, see if it is still unstable.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Flash memory simply doesn't last forever.

The card supplied with the phone is of mediocre quality at best, and if you're running apps from it, flashing ROMs, etc...it's been getting quite a workout.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

B10alia

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Huh, I knew there was a lifecycle on lash memory, but I didn't think I'd ever end up reaching it.. I use my SD card a TON because the phone has next to no internal memory for some reason. I also can't overclock as high as I used to be able to, I used to be able to run all the way up to 864MHz but I can't go above the low 800's now without the phone crashing. Maybe it's time for a different ROM. I liked Harmonia a lot but I've been having nothing but problems with the latest release.