Rooting LG Optimus V

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone on here rooted there LG Optimus phone? And, was it easy, and no destruction of the phone?:cool:

Lol it would probably be harder to find someone on the optimus v forums that isn't rooted. Go to settings>about phone and scroll down to where it says baseband. What baseband is your phone?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Very easy and worth it
Plan on spending some time reading
And dont forget to BACK UP:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree, rooting is easy, and awesome, provided you can follow directions. Read all the stickies. Make backups. If you figured out how to get to ac forums, you're half way there. If you run into problems, just search the forums, someone else probably had the same issue. If you get stuck, just ask for help. Pretty much everyone I've seen on here has been cool and helpful.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
zv4 very very nice, i wouldnt recomend upgrading thats for sure. you can root with an app without a computer, i honestly just rooted my girlfriends zv4 earlier tonight after dinner lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you have a computer and a usb cable with some adb skills, or can even follow directions really well these phones are actually really hard to ruin software wise. noobs are coming back from soft/hard bricks all the time it seems like these days.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called Gingerbreak, it's very easy to root with that

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
With zv5, and zv4, you can use gingerbreak.apk
Heres a link to the gingerbreak thread: [App] [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
Scroll down the page to the end of the first post, then click one of the download links.
Theres two ways you could do this:
  • go to that link on your phone and download it
  • or use your computer and then move the file to your sdcard.
After its on your sdcard use a file manager like fx file manager and find the app and click on it and it will ask if you want to install it, after its installed open it and click root. If it takes longer than 10 mins pull the battery and try again.

Hope this helps - Phatninja55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy