Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: How to Get more internal storage space Help

What size SD card do you have, and what size partition did you make? Also: What is the partition formatted to?
    Which Harmonia did you install?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

16GB sd card. 2.14GB ext4 partition. Harmonia 2.09

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Have you tried a fresh install of Harmonia?
    I use Root Uninstaller (I have the pro version). When you first open it up it will save all downloaded and installed apps in their .apk form to the sd card. You then can copy and paste the Titanium Backup and Link2SD.apk from the Root Uninstaller folder on the sd card to the root of the sd card.
    Now you can start the fresh install of Harmonia. When you have finished the fresh install and rebooted a few times to tighten up the ROM, go to the sd card and tap each .apk to install.
    Then from the Titanuium Backup app on the phone, install all the widget apps and any app you think needs to be on the phone.
    Open up the Link2SD app and select the ext.4 option in the pop up that will apear and reboot the phone. When the phone reboots go to the Link2SD app and select the menu/settings/and check the Auto Link option.
    Then go back to the Titanium Backup app and finish installing the rest of your apps.
    After that then you can delete the bloatware that is safe to install.

For more info go here:
    and here: [GUIDE] APK's, their purpose and safe or not to remove (big!)
    Thanked by:
    Kimdvm 

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Have you tried a fresh install of Harmonia?
    Actually, I had but I decided to start over including partitioning the sd card from recovery (which I didn't do before). After the latest install of Harmonia and reading the guides you linked to, I decided to go back to MiRaGe and delete more unnecessary apps. So far, so good on internal storage space - thanks for your help. I do have a few questions. I think part of my problem was how I was that I was using the "move to sd card" option of Link2sd. After reading a few posts on the subject, the difference appears to be that linking moves apps to the second partition while move to sd card moves them to the first. Is that correct? Why is linking preferable? Neither option should fill up internal memory though so was my problem from unnecessary system apps? Finally on an unrelated note: adamhos has a screenshot showing .99GB total internal storage. How is that possible? Is that a custom ROM feature allowing sd card space to be read as internal memory? I'm really just curious as this point as I don't think I'll be changing ROMs again anytime soon.

ROM
    COT+Jellybread-SIO

Quote Originally Posted by Kimdvm View Post
    Actually, I had but I decided to start over including partitioning the sd card from recovery (which I didn't do before). After the latest install of Harmonia and reading the guides you linked to, I decided to go back to MiRaGe and delete more unnecessary apps. So far, so good on internal storage space - thanks for your help. I do have a few questions. I think part of my problem was how I was that I was using the "move to sd card" option of Link2sd. After reading a few posts on the subject, the difference appears to be that linking moves apps to the second partition while move to sd card moves them to the first. Is that correct? Why is linking preferable? Neither option should fill up internal memory though so was my problem from unnecessary system apps? Finally on an unrelated note: adamhos has a screenshot showing .99GB total internal storage. How is that possible? Is that a custom ROM feature allowing sd card space to be read as internal memory? I'm really just curious as this point as I don't think I'll be changing ROMs again anytime soon.
    you are correct... there are many methods, most of which are unnecessarily tedious... i have included a2sdx in Jellybread-SIO... your internal = your sdext size... no linking/etc needed...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...bread-sio.html
    :-)

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Linking allows you to move all but widget apps (and a very small number of apps that just have to be on the internal storage to work).
    It also has the advantage of causing the linked apps to open a whole lot quicker.
    Link2SD gives you way more control over all apps ( both those pre-installed into ROM by developer and downloaded) than the previous posters method.

If you like total control go with Link2SD.
    If you could care less, go with the previous posters suggestion.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12