a2sd script on stock?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My GF finally let me root her phone today in desperate need of more internal space, its a zv4 optimus v, i went through leslie anns guide and deleted pretty much everything i could safely with root uninstaller. she has 3 huge apps that she would rather buy a new phone for than part with. all three of which are 20mb each!!! and even with all the bloat and such like livewallpapers and poynt deleted i could still get only 27.4 mb free. would it even work to maybe install a script like a2sd++ or something? Or would it not even work because of the stock kernel and stock rom? She would really prefer to stay stock if at all possible but im going to tell her that if she is going to buy a new phone i might as well rom this one and she can try it out, worst case she was already going to get a new phone anyway. Any suggestions, ideas, comments, just general discussion will be much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe links2sd?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks man i downloaded the kernel and flashed it and that freed it up 35mb, the phone even feels much smoother, but ..... sorry for the but, but link2sd still wont recognize the ext3 partition i made with bobz recovery. any suggestions or wont the stock rom allow that? is the kernel compatible with ext3?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I used Link2SD with the stock ROM for a while. I had formatted the SD card with a ext4 partition using the mini tool partition wizard. I like the A2SD++ script a lot better, though. It's automatic, so she could install anything she wanted without having to think about moving it to the ext. I'd make a backup and then try flashing the .zip for it.

Hindolam

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks man i downloaded the kernel and flashed it and that freed it up 35mb, the phone even feels much smoother, but ..... sorry for the but, but link2sd still wont recognize the ext3 partition i made with bobz recovery. any suggestions or wont the stock rom allow that? is the kernel compatible with ext3?

Stock may not contain drivers for ext3. It is better to use fat32.

Edit: Oops, never mind.Just noticed that the previous post says he/she has been able to use ext4 successfully. So,ext3 should work as well.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I used Link2SD with the stock ROM for a while. I had formatted the SD card with a ext4 partition using the mini tool partition wizard. I like the A2SD++ script a lot better, though. It's automatic, so she could install anything she wanted without having to think about moving it to the ext. I'd make a backup and then try flashing the .zip for it.

Were would I look for this a2sd++ script at? And is it phone specific?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Already got a backup will try the a2sd++ script when I get home, I'll report back how it went and thanks so much for your help everyone

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just tried flashing the A2SD++ script with no dice, im going to try a different script like A2SD or A2SD+ to see what happens but im thinking that either the stock rom wont work with the ext 3 partition or lesie ann may not have her kernel compatible with it.

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
just use cot recovery backup data and wipe every thing then install harmania 1.9 then try a2sd++. if that doesnt work use reformat with cot no swap then try again but back up the sdcard it will get wiped if you didnt no. and restore data

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone is the stock rom with the harmonia kernel and I'm using bobz recovery. Trying to stay with the stock rom and I'm probably never touching COT again.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Try formatting the ext2 partition to fat32. The rom will absolutely be able to read it, and link2sd can use it as well. The only drawback is it's a much less efficient file system.

Thus he spake

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
well i got it about as good as its going to get with the second partition a 512mb fat16 and link2sd. i got about 80 mb of internal storage freed up and any new apps installed get linked to the internal and put on sd right away so it will probably not go below 70 free space even with another 300mbs of apps installed. Market is playing very nicely now and i finally got the 13 apps updated that she never had enough space to update before lol. Thanks so much for all your help my girlfriend, Facheon is her name, would also like to thank you guys and gals too. She is really glad that she didn't lose any apps or have to leave the stock rom. Thank you Thank you Thank you