AROMA Installer for the OV.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I'm in the process of porting a ROM when I go into the meta-inf folder and see a lot of stuff about 'Aroma' and 'Aroma Installer'

I decided to youtube aroma installer and found this:

It looks SUPER COOL. And seems VERY useful. I was wondering if anyone could make one for the OV. Or teach me how to make one and I'll post it up.

Here's a link to Aroma Installer for the Optimus Me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1874775

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You could go to amarullz thread about aroma from what i understand it takes hours to setup even if youre an experienced dev. It also adds good hunk of size to the rom depending on what you include in it. But yeah it is extremely useful and i think almost any non aosp rom should run it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its possible. A couple V users got Aroma going. I forgot who, but oone was Tvall I believe. It takes up alotbof space too. I just learned it's in the Meta folder, so I'm taking a look at this tomorrow

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the Evo 3D ROMs use aroma. Its amazing. Let's you have tons of customization. Even the Anthrax kernel uses it.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Its possible. A couple V users got Aroma going. I forgot who, but oone was Tvall I believe. It takes up alotbof space too. I just learned it's in the Meta folder, so I'm taking a look at this tomorrow

Yes, back when zv9 came out, I made a zip to install just the radio (which didn't work at all) using yesno. I then switched to aroma for it just to experiment. And that's all I've done...

And sorry, I think I have o.c.d., it really bugs me seeing "Tvall" in posts. It's tvall. Drives me crazy. If I was a mod I'd use my mod powers to fix all occurrences of "Tvall" on this forum. I'd probably lose the mod status for this, but it would be worth it in my mind.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, back when zv9 came out, I made a zip to install just the radio (which didn't work at all) using yesno. I then switched to aroma for it just to experiment. And that's all I've done...

And sorry, I think I have o.c.d., it really bugs me seeing "Tvall" in posts. It's tvall. Drives me crazy. If I was a mod I'd use my mod powers to fix all occurrences of "Tvall" on this forum. I'd probably lose the mod status for this, but it would be worth it in my mind.

Hey Tvall, did you ever get around to testing the aroma installer?

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So I tried the one that LeoLawliet linked. I'm not sure if it worked or not. I replaced update-binary-installer, with the one from BobZhome CM9.1.0, then I choose all the tweaks and stuff I want and it's writing them, then installing the apps I chose, then it says this

file_getprop: failed to stat
"/tmp/aroma-data/tchooser.prop": No such file or directory

You guys know what's up?

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me. It said installing and nothing showed up on the log and 1 second later it said reboot now so I clicked it and nothing was different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech