Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 on both

Default Flash back to virgin mobile?

I bought an optimus v from craigslist and it turns out whoever had it before flashed it to cricket and didn't tell me and now I can't use it on virgin mobile. How can I go about flashing it back to virgin mobile :/

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Default Re: Flash back to virgin mobile?

Is there a recovery mode associated with that? Can it be accessed?
    If so, There may still be a link to flash the Z V 9 updte in the rooting,ROMs,hacks forum.
    I know someone had pulled off the VMswebsite a while back But I guess no longer available...
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Short answer is pretty much no.

Honestly, your best bet is to find the seller and get your money back, or re-sell it (as a Cricket phone!), and get another OV.

This is not a flash issue like you flash a rom and no rom or recovery is going to go anywhere near what you need to change.

If they left the basic info the same and only changed the data settings, you can actually get it back to working on VM with the use of LGNPST or DFS. However, while you will get data, you won't get 3g unless you get some very high up tech at Virgin/Sprint to give you the missing password (which is unique to each phone). If they went as far as altering the ESN, you can just forget it. Yes, you can get access to most of the settings you need (minus 3g again, of course), but the amount of work. is prohibitive, and odds are you will be lacking at least one important number.

Beware, if they changed the ESN, and the original was reported stolen, you could be charged with selling stolen property if anyone finds out.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by:
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

sorry for making a suggestion before even realizing or knowing what Cricket even was....
    thought is was some old ROM or something like that
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

I wouldn't even try to fix it, it's most will most likely never work on virgin again. If you do get it back on virgin, you would only ever have calling and texting. You have lost your aaa key, The guy changed it to crickets aaa code witch is cricket.. They have really bad security
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

You don't need the AAA key to get voice or even data, it's only for 3g and is unique. Only a Sprint tech can give it to you.
    The HA key handles 2g, and that is universal (vmug33k).
    The ESN or MEID is written on the phone, and is usually the most difficult to change.

The biggest issue actually doing the work, and if the MIN/MSID are changed. Just like the AAA key, only a Sprint tech can give you that, and without it, you won't get calls. Depending on how the phone was ported to Cricket, it may be the original, or it may not. If a Cricket rep did the change, odds are it;s the original. If someone cloned a phone, it will be changed.

Technically, you can call Virgin and get through to a Sprint tech. You need to tell them everything was wiped out, and they can get you the info you need to restore it, but odds are, you will have a VERY tough time doing so. Worse, you could call and find out the original was marked as a bad ESN. In which case, the only way to fix a bad ESN is to pay about $50 to have it cleared (if possible).

For an OV, it;s not worth it considering what you can buy them used for these days. Sell it off as a Cricket phone and be done with it.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by:
    niftypixel likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CM7 on both

My problem is that even after using logcat to find my msl, and I enter it into cdma workshop, although it accepts the code and says "device unlocked" the software still gives me errors saying it can't read any settings.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanqkoch View Post
    My problem is that even after using logcat to find my msl, and I enter it into cdma workshop, although it accepts the code and says "device unlocked" the software still gives me errors saying it can't read any settings.
    Are you sure your phone is in diag mode ? Code can be found using workshop on proper port.

Edit: try qpst to read the phone. If your esn is clean I would call them. I bought an ov on craigslist and they ported my already working number. Just gave them the meid underneath battery. They gave me the service programming code and I typed in the mdn and msid and rebooted Viola.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by jxc011; 12-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.