OV stuck on LG splash loop, can only acces emergency mode

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Use Android SDK to push a custom recovery on the phone, that has a fix boot loop option.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Haven't done in that in 18 months. My ADB skills are rather rusty...and wouldn't ADB have trouble connecting to a phone that just loops the LG logo over and over and over and over...again? On top of not being able to get into recovery mode. Only emergency mode seems to work.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try hooking the boot looping phone to the computer. Open up a command prompt and type in:
adb devices
If it displays you meid hex then you can try to push and flash COT in it's zipped form thru adb with shell commands.
If you get: Device not found, then you will need to use the KDZ unbrick guide found in the stickies.

Need help with either one just holler.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done in that in 18 months. My ADB skills are rather rusty...and wouldn't ADB have trouble connecting to a phone that just loops the LG logo over and over and over and over...again? On top of not being able to get into recovery mode. Only emergency mode seems to work.

Yeah I see. There's a thread around here somewhere, it describes a way to access the phone in terminal in a boot loop. You have to send a command at just the right time, and the connection is established.

I don't remember the details, sorry.
Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Try hooking the boot looping phone to the computer. Open up a command prompt and type in:
adb devices
If it displays you meid hex then you can try to push and flash COT in it's zipped form thru adb with shell commands.
If you get: Device not found, then you will need to use the KDZ unbrick guide found in the stickies.

Need help with either one just holler.

Yeah, gonna need a helping hand on flashing COT thru adb and a Windows command prompt

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Did ADB list your device? If not, after trying the KDZ unbrick with no success you might have to go to the "Unbricking Your Optimus V" thread.

NOTE: Near the last post in the thread I posted a good download link to the ZV9 update zip.

Last edited:

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Did ADB list your device? If not, after trying the KDZ unbrick with no success you might have to go to the "Unbricking Your Optimus V" thread.

NOTE: Near the last post in the thread I posted a good download link to the ZV9 update zip.

sending the command ADB reboot returns a "device not found" but sending adb devices sends a blank line.

And I have tried KDZ now seven times and still get the error at the end..."Upgrade Error -- WParam: 100 LParam: 89"

grip66

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Get Superoneclick. Start it, select "psneuter" under "Exploit" on the right, and then click on the "Shell Root" button. Once you've done that, leave it open, start a command prompt and then do adb.exe shell. You should be good to go then. It worked like a champ for me.

Make sure you are in emergency download mode before trying this. If your phone is in a bootloop like mine was, it won't work any other way.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Get Superoneclick. Start it, select "psneuter" under "Exploit" on the right, and then click on the "Shell Root" button. Once you've done that, leave it open, start a command prompt and then do adb.exe shell. You should be good to go then. It worked like a champ for me.

Make sure you are in emergency download mode before trying this. If your phone is in a bootloop like mine was, it won't work any other way.

Tried that. Superoneclick would freeze up. But launching the ADB devices or shell command gave the same output...

a blank line for devices and "no device found" on shell or reboot.

Emergency mode works. Don't even ask about recovery, doing the classic button combo still results in the LG logo looping.

grip66

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that atrain... I would check your windows drivers if I were you. I know I found three different version of the LG United Mobile Drivers. I actually uninstalled the the first one I loaded because it wasn't the same version as in the unbrick post. I wanted to make sure I used the same version they had listed just to be safe. I'm using XP so things may work differently for you if you are on Win7 or Win8.

Recovery wouldn't work with my phone either until I flashed it in emergency mode.

Good luck.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried that. Superoneclick would freeze up. But launching the ADB devices or shell command gave the same output...

a blank line for devices and "no device found" on shell or reboot.

Emergency mode works. Don't even ask about recovery, doing the classic button combo still results in the LG logo looping.

You will need to use the same unbrick guide as grip66 used. The links I provided him in the thread will work for you as well.
There really is no other option left.
Go to "Unbricking Your Optimus V"

Any help needed, just post in there.

asifali418

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: OV stuck on LG splash loop, can only acces emergency modet

Hello sir i have same problem my phone is stuck on lg logo nit going in recovery and emegency.i need kdz file i cant finde i download one cab file and change the cab to kdz but its says extract error.and also when i try to update from lg support toll its give me fatel error

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
+1 ^
The .cab file you used is borked for sure (tried it myself in 2011). Use the KDZ file in the tutorial bigsupersquid linked you to.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: OV stuck on LG splash loop, can only acces emergency modet

can u give me a link for kdz file for ls670

here are .cab files.
Index of /zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/LGUpdater/cab - Persona Files
dunno why you're posting in the V section if you want S firmware, though.
S firmware will mess up your mobile data (1x and 3g both) unless you handle flashing the S firmware with all the correct steps.
Don't blame any of us if you mess up your phone with this stuff. SammyZ's thread is the one tried-and-true best method for fixing V firmware.
Your download of his archive may be corrupted, you should try redownloading it before messing around with OS firmware. Friendly advice, that.

asifali418

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
thanks for reply. i download these file the one u give me link. and i charge the cab to kdz file.and when i start kdz updater.its give me exract error.i downloaf 3 files 1 ls670zvd.cam and 2 ls670 zv8 and 3rd one ls670 zv7.cab and all give me extract error

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to make sure there is no other instance of the cab file on your computer or it will always error when trying to open. When you rename it, the cab file replicates itself.
let me remember what I had to do. It's a little different depending on if it's a zv4 or zv5.

asifali418

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
What u mean zv4 or zv5. But I try this file as cab file with lg tools updater I press j and than than it's run but on 94% it's stop and now it's stuck on lg logo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37