OV stuck on LG splash loop, can only acces emergency mode

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What u mean zv4 or zv5. But I try this file as cab file with lg tools updater I press j and than than it's run but on 94% it's stop and now it's stuck on lg logo
ZV4 or ZV5 are basebands for the radio. ZV4 is the oldest released by VM. If you're missing VM670.dll for lgnpst you'll not get proper results with that tool. you really should stick with the procedure in the sticky for KDZ. if your LG updater software crashes early enough in the install you won't even be able to power the phone on and get to emergency mode... it happened to me, with my first OV.
If you flashed the OS firmware, even partially, with the updater tool, there is very little chance you'll have data service even if you get the phone working again, unless you research where to look for the file(s) the software saves your NV items in, and make sure to back them up before running the LG tool again. the LG tool is the most difficult, tricky way to flash, and it can really mess up your device if you don't know what you're doing... or if Micro$oft Window$ crashes while the LG tool is flashing your phone. That's what happened to mine.

If you won't follow the stickied procedure you probably won't be able to get any useful help from anyone.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your using the KDZ utility, you first have to re-name from .cab to .kdz. This you have to do with it on the root of C: drive. Then move the renamed to the trash (don't delete). Now move the one that appeared back up on the root of the C: drive (.cab) into the trash.
Move the renamed back to the root of the C: drive.
Delete the .cab from the trash and start the KDZ tutorial from the start.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If your using the KDZ utility, you first have to re-name from .cab to .kdz. This you have to do with it on the root of C: drive. Then move the renamed to the trash (don't delete). Now move the one that appeared back up on the root of the C: drive (.cab) into the trash.
Move the renamed back to the root of the C: drive.
Delete the .cab from the trash and start the KDZ tutorial from the start.

Wow.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Little bit of info I learned when trying to unbrick my first V with the KDZ updater. Some .cab files dont replicate so it won't be necessary to do as described in my last post all the time, but it is better to rename it while on the root of the C: drive and move the renamed .cab to the trash first, just to see if it will replicate itself. If it doesn't then move back to the C: drive and run the KDZ unbrick guide making sure to use the other LG utility mentioned in the guide right after the battery pull.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you use the other LG update tool mentioned in the guide right after the battery pull?
You will get that error the first time running the KDZ. If you got that error after battery pull and running other update tool, then running KDZ again, then you need the Last Resort unbrick guide.
It's a last resort because if you didn't write down your AAA code prior to messing it up (most don't), then you probably will never have 3G or mms again after using it.
I used it to unbrick my first V that was bricked for over a year. Then gave it to someone as a WiFi and MP3 device (already had another spare V by then).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol