Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jAdOg@88
  • 1 Post By flapjack.fiasco
  • 1 Post By adamhos
  • 1 Post By ThatGuyLurkin
  • 1 Post By thewraith420
  • 1 Post By jAdOg@88
  • 1 Post By jAdOg@88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Favorite recovery???

    Hello OV family.
    Just wondering which of the great OV recoveries do you like best, use and the reason why.

    I am starting this topic because I feel strongly about the importance of a great recovery. Without one, most of us would be starring at a dead phone.
    They are all great recoveries in their own way, from simple to advanced, they each have a unique purpose.
    Personally I love the convenience of the touch recoveries. The twrp 2.2.2.1 ls670 touch recovery is my daily user. I love the speed and touch screen features.
    The COT 2.0.2 ls670, 1.2, 2.0 vm670 are my second. As far as being the most reliable in any instance, I would say BobZhome's cwm/iho recovery takes that category.

    Sent from my G6
  2. #2  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    I use JerryScript's Green Recovery. It always gets the job done, I've used it since day one, never really looked into any other recoveries.
    Greeeeeen....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    I use JerryScript's Green Recovery. It always gets the job done, I've used it since day one, never really looked into any other recoveries.
    Greeeeeen....
    The green-machine is a good one. I used to use it managing iho/gb ROMs. I'm a flash addict and love going through different ROMs of all kinds. So I got tired of waiting on cwm speeds so I adventured. LOL

    Sent from my G6
    Thanked by:
    Encerspay45 likes this.
  4. #4  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Cannibal Open Touch is my personal favorite. Version 2 is in Beta right now, and it's coming along nicely!

    This space intentionally left blank.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    jAdOg@88 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Cannibal Open Touch is my personal favorite. Version 2 is in Beta right now, and it's coming along nicely!

    This space intentionally left blank.
    Yes it is. Have you tried version 2.0.2 ls670? It will work on our vm670.

    Sent from my G6
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Now I'm using the teamwin touch for the s, it has been working well
    You can rename your backups
    And it looks great

    Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    jAdOg@88 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Definitely TWRP.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    jAdOg@88 likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.3 / 2.2.2.1 TEAMWIN touch recovery
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.2.2.1 touch recovery

    Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post
    Now I'm using the teamwin touch for the s, it has been working well
    You can rename your backups
    And it looks great

    Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    As in the op, I totally agree. Twrp is the best by far. Naming, file manager... OMG, the speed is crazy fast. Love it.

    Sent from my G6
  10. #10  
    Jakethedrummer's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Cannibal Open Touch is my personal favorite. Version 2 is in Beta right now, and it's coming along nicely!

    This space intentionally left blank.
    Same
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    TWRP for sure!! I just flashed it and I love it already!
  12. #12  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Cannibal Owns! I'm on the beta team testing 2.1 and it won't leave you disappointed that's for sure.

    Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband
    Thanked by:
    jAdOg@88 likes this.
  13. #13  
    johnh02's Avatar

    Posts
    239 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus cm9

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    I've been running cwm touch for a long time its the best to me

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Cannibal Owns! I'm on the beta team testing 2.1 and it won't leave you disappointed that's for sure.

    Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband
    If it's anything like the 2.0.2 ls670 or better than I'm so looking forward to it. I ran the 2.0 vm670 for a long time and loved it. Had issues with the 2.0.2 vm670. Only went to twrp for speed and full touch. However, I'm a big fan of COT!!!

    Sent from my G6
    adamhos likes this.
  15. #15  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by jAdOg@88 View Post
    If it's anything like the 2.0.2 ls670 or better than I'm so looking forward to it. I ran the 2.0 vm670 for a long time and loved it. Had issues with the 2.0.2 vm670. Only went to twrp for speed and full touch. However, I'm a big fan of COT!!!

    Sent from my G6
    Better!

    Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband
  16. #16  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Better!

    Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband
    Yeah, the new background image for the default theme looks so nice! And, like any other touch recovery, you're saving your volume and camera buttons from an early demise.

    This space intentionally left blank.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    POC all the way for me. Cannibal open is the best to me. and after last night I don't like the TWRP. I was helping a buddy with his phone and he saw the TWRP touch for his htc hero so we flashed the zip and installed fine rebooted and its a brick. lol so for me Cannibal has always been nice to me and saved me from the bootloop my first ROM flash.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Favorite recovery???

    Now I'm on the beta testing team. Real nice, real smooth. Love the new themes. GO POC!

    Sent from my G6
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. your favorite root, rom & recovery?
    By brattt78 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
  2. Favorites
    By kunak83 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
  3. Your Top favorite Apps
    By thinkamp in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
  4. Favorite Widgets?
    By mskaplan in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

B