Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

I only use my my wifi on my phone becuz im always onlne so i need to make sure whatever rom i decide to flash get good wifi . i get great signal now . i would like to continue to get that signal but with a better rom!! Any ideas????

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Default Re: Need advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashin

Depends. Are you wanting to flash a Froyo ROM, Gingerbread ROM, Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, Jellybean ROM, pick your poison...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashin

to be honest im new to all this i have been on the comp for 2 days tryin to figure out which one will be best but im a amture techy lol i love this stuff i just dont know whats gonna work with my phone. i dont want to make the wrong decisin and brick my phone. but u got take that chance so .... idk !!!

ROM
    Changes Daily

Default advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jada693 View Post
    to be honest im new to all this i have been on the comp for 2 days tryin to figure out which one will be best but im a amture techy lol i love this stuff i just dont know whats gonna work with my phone. i dont want to make the wrong decisin and brick my phone. but u got take that chance so .... idk !!!
    It seems like a lot at first but the more you read and eventually flash a rom its not really so bad. It's actually really hard to truly hard brick this phone. Just pay attention to the stickies, LOTS of good information there. Oh and above all, don't use rom manager and don't factory reset from the privacy menu.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

Default Re: Need

All you need to do is follow the directions
    Have you rooted yet and do you have a custom recovery menu installed yet
    Once you do that make a backup of your original setup and that way you can always go back
    Only thing I know of NOT to do is don't use rom manager

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yes i rooted last night with gingerbreak.. so just basic pick one and and flash it lol ...... which one works better or doesnt even matter .whats a custom recory menu??

ROM
    Changes Daily

Default advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

yes i rooted last night with gingerbreak.. so just basic pick one and and flash it lol ...... which one works better or doesnt even matter .whats a custom recory menu??
    In short... Root/flash custom recovery/backup/flash rom/flash gapps/reboot/enjoy if you don't like what you have go back to recovery and restore your backup. There are lots of good roms. The most complete ones are gingerbread cm7 nothing against ics and above but they are missing a video driver that may never get fixed.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

is rom updater the sme thing it on google play?

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

is rom updater the sme thing it on google play?
    Essentially, but I'd stay away from Google Play ROM managing apps as a lot of times they end up with a bricked phone.
    My best advice is to use a Recovery for your ROM managing needs.

ROM
    Changes Daily

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Encerspay45 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Default Re: advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

i cannot find a good link to downlad this recory ay can i download one off the google store im stuck n also i downloaded the rom updater from there is that okay

ROM
    quattrimus cm9

Default Re: Need advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !

[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV
    Cwm touch recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Default Re: Need advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !

im tryin to find a like to gingerbread or isc any know where i could get that info at

ROM
    Changes Daily

i cannot find a good link to downlad this recory ay can i download one off the google store im stuck n also i downloaded the rom updater from there is that okay
    No, I wouldn't do it unless you want to risk a brick

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Default Re: advice on on flashing my lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

what am i supposed to use im lost now

ROM
    quattrimus cm9

Default sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

I'm confused..... have u got a custom recovery yet?!???

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Default Re: sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

i was talkin about the rom update i got from google play

Default Rey wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

Dont use the rom update

Go here

If you are already rooted skip to the custom recovery step

Once you have the custom recovery installed you need to shut the phone off then press and hold vol down , home then power until the lg emblem flashes
    You should now see a recovery menu where you can make a backup, do that first

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Encerspay45 likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

there are NO rom updates for our phone or anything that will update your phone available on google play. the only thing usefull is flash image gui. it'll simplify flashing a custom recovery. you use your custom recovery to flash different roms, kernels, tweaks, you name it. it's also your failsafe if you mess something up since your rooted

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

+1 to what the two above posts said.

ROM
    Changes Daily

You could really stand to read the guide I posted it could clear things up for you tremendously

Edit: and now I see adamhos posted it too

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

i was talkin about the rom update i got from google play
    What everyone has been saying is that you shouldn't use an app from Google Play to manage recoveries or ROMs. If you do, your probably not going to get much help fixing it. And it will almost certainly need to be fixed, because these apps are notorious for bricking phones. I wouldn't use anything like that unless it was made specifically for the Optimus V, and even then I would be hesitant. There are several excellent guides here on Android Central. Read them. Twice. At least. Read them until they make sense to you. If you don't understand something, ask, and be specific. This is one of the best communities for any phone, and there will be many people willing to help, but you have to listen to what they tell you.

This space intentionally left blank.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

i did read it but i cant transfer these file to my phone unless the are apk form. not the rom but the the other file that somebody sent me. like i said im a amture at this please be patient with me ....

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

i did read it but i cant transfer these file to my phone unless the are apk form.
    Step 1: install lg drivers

Step 2: download recovery on your computer

Step 3: plug phone into computer

Step 4: slide down notification bar and click USB mass storage, turn it on

Step 5: copy the recovery on to your sdcard

Step 6: flash recovery

Read the stickies!

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!

Default Re lg optimus but i want make sure my wifi is good !!! after flashing!!!

The recovery image file just needs to be on the root of your sd card
    The flash image gui is an apk
    Once you install flash image, open it (on your phone) select the image file you just downloaded and install recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast