[ROM] [PORT] MaximusOptimus

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Maximus Optimus/MaxiOv/MaxiOptimus
ported by ilikechicken123
created by faceliler
Original thread: [Rom] MaxiAce v3 | Update 01.10.2012 | Firekernel OC - xda-developers
GApps are included. Not by choice.

A FAST Multi-modded ROM. With beautiful transitions

FEATURES
✔Latest firekernel
✔Enter key in sms app
✔iPhone bubbles in sms app
✔Stock gb keyboard
✔Beats Audio + FXWidget
✔Daydream style app icons
✔Latest holo launcher
✔Build.prop tweaks
✔Battery mod %1
✔Increased touchscreen sensitivity
✔Smart sqlite optimizing
✔Better network with 3g tweaks
✔Tons of prop tweaks
✔Overall Better Performance and Battery Life
✔Less lags
✔Faster SDCARD Read/Write Speed
✔Adfree
✔Bravia Engine
✔Big photo when calling
✔Incrased GPS and sensors
✔ICS music
✔Stock samsung file manager

What doesn't work?
EVERYTHING WORKS!

Bugs:
-Native tethering doesn't work. Why is it? idk. YOU CAN USE A THIRD PARTY APP! Barnacle Wifi tether is recommended

Workarounds:
-Use wifi barnacle tether to tether/hotspot

Downloads:
MaxiOptimus v3 102612.zip

Installation:
1. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
2. Factory Reset/Wipe Data
3. Format, Boot, System, Data, Cache
4. Turn Signature Verification OFF.
5. Flash ROM
6. Reboot
7. ENJOY!

REPORT BUGS BELOW.

Thanks and Credits:
Cyss for big photo when calling
system.img for enter key in sms app
Shoaib.Khan for iPhone bubbles
dredremon for app icons
Lovetz for beats, alsa and widget
tj_droid for stock samsung keyboard
mobint for holo launcher
shailpancholi for centerclock mod
dragonnn for firekernel
ImbaWind for adrenaline engine
caiovinniciusbr for google play music
UOT for kitcen
MRG666 for the AMAZING base.
faceliler for creating the ROM
ThatGuyLurkin for being an inspiration and bringing out porting to me. And also for helping along the way since my first post.

REPORT ANY BUGS BELOW.

Screenshots:
d6dpx.png
d9wuw.png

d6dqr.png
d6drk.png

jermmkay

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this ROM for about 2 days, and it's really cool. Nice animations, good battery life, stable, etc. One thing I can't figure out how to do is update the launcher. I'm getting a notification from the play store saying there's an update. Every time I try to update it says that it wasn't signed properly, and that I should uninstall the current version and download the new version. But how do I do that since I won't have a launcher to use while I'm updating? I'm confused. A little help?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this ROM for about 2 days, and it's really cool. Nice animations, good battery life, stable, etc. One thing I can't figure out how to do is update the launcher. I'm getting a notification from the play store saying there's an update. Every time I try to update it says that it wasn't signed properly, and that I should uninstall the current version and download the new version. But how do I do that since I won't have a launcher to use while I'm updating? I'm confused. A little help?

Could you download another launcher, set it as default, uninstall the 1st launcher, d/l the update, install, uninstal launcher 2?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Could you download another launcher, set it as default, uninstall the 1st launcher, d/l the update, install, uninstal launcher 2?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

If that doesn't work have him look lip the latest update on Google find an apk for it the download that it works

da1gr8romeo

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a great ROM so far!! I've had problems with certain mirage and certain IHO roms previously. This one seems to be doing rather well for me :) Just a quick question...

Has all support for any Live Wallpapers been removed? I know they were probably taken out for space, etc., but even when I try to download a new one from the play store, they do not seem to work on this ROM. Once installed It will not even show up on the menu to choose from, just the normal wallpaper Icon which leads to the stock Gallery (not in there). When trying to add it to the desktop from within the app (which was the only way to open it because the icon would not show up in the app drawer anywhere), it will just force close. I tried it with several different Live Wallpapers from the Play
Store, all with the same result.

Also the Launcher is good but I think there are a lot of nice options on others that this one doesn't have. I might put ADW on it, we'll see. Anyway, great job on the ROM itself and thank you!!

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
ABOUT THE LAUNCHER;
It's not updating because it has 'edited'/'customize' files for the different icons included in the ROM. So yes, you could download another launcher and use it instead OR you could try to uninstall it then re-install it BUT backup before because the custom icons might not stick and will revert to the regular icons

This is a great ROM so far!! I've had problems with certain mirage and certain IHO roms previously. This one seems to be doing rather well for me :) Just a quick question...

Has all support for any Live Wallpapers been removed? I know they were probably taken out for space, etc., but even when I try to download a new one from the play store, they do not seem to work on this ROM. Once installed It will not even show up on the menu to choose from, just the normal wallpaper Icon which leads to the stock Gallery (not in there). When trying to add it to the desktop from within the app (which was the only way to open it because the icon would not show up in the app drawer anywhere), it will just force close. I tried it with several different Live Wallpapers from the Play
Store, all with the same result.

Also the Launcher is good but I think there are a lot of nice options on others that this one doesn't have. I might put ADW on it, we'll see. Anyway, great job on the ROM itself and thank you!!

And about Live Wallpaper. They probably are removed for space BUT. you could google the necessary .apks for live wallpapers. If you cant find them, I'll include them in the next update