Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I know that this is an old thread, but does anyone know if this would work on a Froyo ROM? I wound up going back to Harmonia for stability issues. But would still like to use this instead of Link2sd.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #27  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Link2SD is your best bet, most because the either the kernel or the init.rc script does not mount the sd-ext on boot.
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Link2SD is your best bet, most because the either the kernel or the init.rc script does not mount the sd-ext on boot.
    Well crap. I liked the ease of use your mandylion rom offered, but the CM7 roms were a bit unstable on my OV. Link2sd just seems a less desirable option.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Link2SD is super easy to set up.

    You can use the recovery to create an ext.3 partition which will work for MiRaGe, Mandylion, and all ICS and Jellybean ROMs.
    It's best to set up on a clean/newly installed ROM.
    Use Titanium to restore all apps that need to be on the internal storage ( widget apps and apps for backing up apps and of course Link2SD)
    Open up Link2SD and select the format of the partition , reboot phone.

    Go into menu and and select Auto Link.
    Run Batch install of all user apps and data on Titanium Backup.
    Done.

    My apps now open a whole lot quicker and I have more internal storage left over than ever before with all the apps I have.

    You still can't beat the built in ext support that MandyLion has though.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Link2SD is super easy to set up.

    You can use the recovery to create an ext.3 partition which will work for MiRaGe, Mandylion, and all ICS and Jellybean ROMs.
    It's best to set up on a clean/newly installed ROM.
    Use Titanium to restore all apps that need to be on the internal storage ( widget apps and apps for backing up apps and of course Link2SD)
    Open up Link2SD and select the format of the partition , reboot phone.

    Go into menu and and select Auto Link.
    Run Batch install of all user apps and data on Titanium Backup.
    Done.

    My apps now open a whole lot quicker and I have more internal storage left over than ever before with all the apps I have.

    You still can't beat the built in ext support that MandyLion has though.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    That's how I have it set up now with link2sd, I just liked the built in sd-ext support on Mandylion and was hoping for a FROYO alternative that worked like that.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #31  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Why would you want to use a security Swiss cheesed Froyo ROM? Other than just for the activate app, it's not good for much long term use due to the security risks it has, like being easily hacked into by someone close by, virus thru apps, and browser.
    Linux based OS's on computers are pretty much hack, and virus proof, but not the Linux "based" Froyo ROM.
    Anyway...., back to topic. No Froyo ROM currently developed for our phone has this capability. No development will probably be forthcoming due to it's flaw's.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Why would you want to use a security Swiss cheesed Froyo ROM? Other than just for the activate app, it's not good for much long term use due to the security risks it has, like being easily hacked into by someone close by, virus thru apps, and browser.
    Linux based OS's on computers are pretty much hack, and virus proof, but not the Linux "based" Froyo ROM.
    Anyway...., back to topic. No Froyo ROM currently developed for our phone has this capability. No development will probably be forthcoming due to it's flaw's.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I'm usingFroyo for stability reasons. CM7 roms are a little buggy on my phone, lock up often. I'll be upgrading to an HTC One V soon anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Have you tried the newest Mandylion. It's from pure CM7 source, instead of a fork of the source like IHO.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  9. #34  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Think he was using it.
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Have you tried the newest Mandylion. It's from pure CM7 source, instead of a fork of the source like IHO.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    That's what I was using. But on my OV Froyo is the most responsive. Not super thrilled with it either, but even the launcher would lag from one screen to the next. FROYO is super smooth. Like I said, I'm upgrading here in like a month, so I just need a working phone until then.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #36  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I really think that a lot of the problems that people have with the Gingerbread ROMs has to do with the sdcard. Google started making heavy use of the sdcard with Froyo, but add something things with Gingerbread and even more with ICS. I know a lot of people use the Scan Disc cards, but those cards have very uneven read/write rate and this can cause person with adjusting the cache rate of the card.

    I use the Pny sdcard, and they have a 55/45 slip and int read/write which is what Intel recommends.
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    I really think that a lot of the problems that people have with the Gingerbread ROMs has to do with the sdcard. Google started making heavy use of the sdcard with Froyo, but add something things with Gingerbread and even more with ICS. I know a lot of people use the Scan Disc cards, but those cards have very uneven read/write rate and this can cause person with adjusting the cache rate of the card.

    I use the Pny sdcard, and they have a 55/45 slip and int read/write which is what Intel recommends.
    Well, I'm not sure right now what's in my phone. But Froyo is running super smooth and the GB roms were always a little laggy. I'll be happy when I'm upgraded to ISC on a phone built for it. Until then I'm happy with the froyo performance I'm getting right now.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I had a PNY class 4 with pretty poor read/write speeds in the phone.
    So I swirched to Sandisk class 4 and went from average of 23MB/s read speed to average of 40MB/s read speed.
    Unfortunately read speed doesn't seem to have an indusrty governed standard like write speed.
    Neither does quality.
    A class 10 SD card will have at least the lowest allowable write speed for that class, but it's read speed could be in the low 20MB/s, and have terrible quality because of no industry standard for those area's.

    These facts where presented and tested by several members (including myself) over at Android Forums.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to do this? Reverse Call Forwarding?
    By jdragione in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. Speed Dials? Any way to do it on this phone?
    By humer91 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
  3. Any way to create folders in the APP menu?
    By dmanindfw in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 08:42 AM
  4. Is there any way to get rid of the alarm clock icon?
    By kalldrexx in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
  5. Any way to fix this? (onscreen keyboard and colon symbol)
    By dima1109 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

B