Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351913179214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351913179214.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 318

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I haven't looked at that thread I'm over a year.

What ROMs support it? Does Cm9?

Also how do I implement it? The how to thread OP didn't go into it

Last edited:

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Harmonia 2 and the A2SD++ Script found on XDA. I set a 2GB ext3 part on my SD card, which I believe is more then I need and that the optimus really can handle.
To set up, I go:
Format everything but the SD card on the phone.
Flash rom,
Boot up, connect to wifi.
Reboot to recovery, flash script,
reboot.
Boom, 2GB data+ cache partition, while the internal memory stays empty.

I know that BobZ CM9 and 10 have A2SD++ Baked in. Other than that, I never had a CM9 rom work with any ext part I set up.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I use Harmonia 2 and the A2SD++ Script found on XDA. I set a 2GB ext3 part on my SD card, which I believe is more then I need and that the optimus really can handle.
To set up, I go:
Format everything but the SD card on the phone.
Flash rom,
Boot up, connect to wifi.
Reboot to recovery, flash script,
reboot.
Boom, 2GB data+ cache partition, while the internal memory stays empty.

I know that BobZ CM9 and 10 have A2SD++ Baked in. Other than that, I never had a CM9 rom work with any ext part I set up.

The BobZ ROM leaves with 18MB of free internal space after I download a dozen apps

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Some would say yes, some would say no. The difference is minimal but for me I like using this one because it makes my widget display the space properly for internal space.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Some would say yes, some would say no. The difference is minimal but for me I like using this one because it makes my widget display the space properly for internal space.

Ok, one more question, would you recommend a ROM with it built in? (Currently using Mirage) or would the script linked to in the earlier post work just as well?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I dont know of any ROMs with it baked-in alrdy but if your using MiRaGe I recommend using the one he suggests to use since his ROM is built and bug tested for it.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Used int2sd+ with Mirage and it is working great so far. Mandyloin has It cooked in, but figured that I like Mirage and thought I'd try that out.

uploadfromtaptalk1352587705479.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice you got it working but don't forget: -100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext (INT2EXT+/INT2EXT4+)
Since /data/data is left on internal memory for speed your still limited by the amount of internal memory to some extent. The internal memory normally left on first boot after a flash is around 175mb and its hard to monitor when it gets full and you start seeing the play store errors. I partition 768mb as my ext# and have not seen any errors but you might be able to squeeze out more with testing. Remember you can still move some apps to SD to free up space on your ext# partition if needed.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice you got it working but don't forget: -100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext (INT2EXT+/INT2EXT4+)
Since /data/data is left on internal memory for speed your still limited by the amount of internal memory to some extent. The internal memory normally left on first boot after a flash is around 175mb and its hard to monitor when it gets full and you start seeing the play store errors. I partition 768mb as my ext# and have not seen any errors but you might be able to squeeze out more with testing. Remember you can still move some apps to SD to free up space on your ext# partition if needed.

Mirage freaked out on me an boot looped.. trying OM-Mandylion, but my battery life is really sucking on this ROM. might try Mirage and one if the other scripts if it doesn't improve.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Try the int2ext4 and use xionia or cot recoveries(they have bootloop quick fixes)
IDK about anyone else but I've learned not to wipe dalvik cache. I lose my data. Anyone else have that issue?

VM670 on ZVJ running Mirage

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try the int2ext4 and use xionia or cot recoveries(they have bootloop quick fixes)
IDK about anyone else but I've learned not to wipe dalvik cache. I lose my data. Anyone else have that issue?

VM670 on ZVJ running Mirage

When you wipe Dalvik Cache I think you wipe the links to the ext#. Another reboot might fix it.