Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any way to do this with the V?

    Is there anyway to do this with the V?
    Android AdvicesConvert External SD Card Memory into Internal Memory in Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR Users Can Now Use Their SD Cards as Internal Memory – xda-developers
    the article talks about some how reformatting a RAZR to include the SD card memory into the internal memory
    another article talked about SD card partition to increase internal memory could we do that?
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Yes

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any way to do this with the V?-uploadfromtaptalk1351913179214.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    bdfull3r likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    how? lol
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Root
    Install Custom recovery
    Partition
    And flash a rom that supports it

    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM


    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bdfull3r likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Partition tool for windows

    http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Pa...-10962200.html

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bdfull3r likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Thank you. I haven't looked at that thread I'm over a year.


    What ROMs support it? Does Cm9?

    Also how do I implement it? The how to thread OP didn't go into it
    Last edited by bdfull3r; 11-03-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  7. #7  
    Locool676's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I use Harmonia 2 and the A2SD++ Script found on XDA. I set a 2GB ext3 part on my SD card, which I believe is more then I need and that the optimus really can handle.
    To set up, I go:
    Format everything but the SD card on the phone.
    Flash rom,
    Boot up, connect to wifi.
    Reboot to recovery, flash script,
    reboot.
    Boom, 2GB data+ cache partition, while the internal memory stays empty.

    I know that BobZ CM9 and 10 have A2SD++ Baked in. Other than that, I never had a CM9 rom work with any ext part I set up.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by Locool676 View Post
    I use Harmonia 2 and the A2SD++ Script found on XDA. I set a 2GB ext3 part on my SD card, which I believe is more then I need and that the optimus really can handle.
    To set up, I go:
    Format everything but the SD card on the phone.
    Flash rom,
    Boot up, connect to wifi.
    Reboot to recovery, flash script,
    reboot.
    Boom, 2GB data+ cache partition, while the internal memory stays empty.

    I know that BobZ CM9 and 10 have A2SD++ Baked in. Other than that, I never had a CM9 rom work with any ext part I set up.
    The BobZ ROM leaves with 18MB of free internal space after I download a dozen apps
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  9. #9  
    Locool676's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by bdfull3r View Post
    The BobZ ROM leaves with 18MB of free internal space after I download a dozen apps
    That's the same reason why never used it. I don't know if his only move he cache to the SD or more, but when using the A2SD++, it moves all the data and the cache to SD-ext.
    I have 58 apps downloaded and installed with no internal storage used.Attachment 44636
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I use the D2EXT+ on GingerSnap 2.3.8 from an XDA thread and it works very well.

    [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Would this be better than using link2sd?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Some would say yes, some would say no. The difference is minimal but for me I like using this one because it makes my widget display the space properly for internal space.
    Thanked by:
    groo79 
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Some would say yes, some would say no. The difference is minimal but for me I like using this one because it makes my widget display the space properly for internal space.
    Ok, one more question, would you recommend a ROM with it built in? (Currently using Mirage) or would the script linked to in the earlier post work just as well?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by groo79; 11-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Use ROM quattrimus aokp or cm9 beta 2. Recommend using COT recovery.

    VM670 on ZVJ-running Hydro Rom
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    I dont know of any ROMs with it baked-in alrdy but if your using MiRaGe I recommend using the one he suggests to use since his ROM is built and bug tested for it.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Used int2sd+ with Mirage and it is working great so far. Mandyloin has It cooked in, but figured that I like Mirage and thought I'd try that out.

    Any way to do this with the V?-uploadfromtaptalk1352587705479.jpg

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Nice you got it working but don't forget: -100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext (INT2EXT+/INT2EXT4+)
    Since /data/data is left on internal memory for speed your still limited by the amount of internal memory to some extent. The internal memory normally left on first boot after a flash is around 175mb and its hard to monitor when it gets full and you start seeing the play store errors. I partition 768mb as my ext# and have not seen any errors but you might be able to squeeze out more with testing. Remember you can still move some apps to SD to free up space on your ext# partition if needed.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Nice you got it working but don't forget: -100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext (INT2EXT+/INT2EXT4+)
    Since /data/data is left on internal memory for speed your still limited by the amount of internal memory to some extent. The internal memory normally left on first boot after a flash is around 175mb and its hard to monitor when it gets full and you start seeing the play store errors. I partition 768mb as my ext# and have not seen any errors but you might be able to squeeze out more with testing. Remember you can still move some apps to SD to free up space on your ext# partition if needed.
    Mirage freaked out on me an boot looped.. trying OM-Mandylion, but my battery life is really sucking on this ROM. might try Mirage and one if the other scripts if it doesn't improve.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Try the int2ext4 and use xionia or cot recoveries(they have bootloop quick fixes)
    IDK about anyone else but I've learned not to wipe dalvik cache. I lose my data. Anyone else have that issue?

    VM670 on ZVJ running Mirage
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by jAdOg@88 View Post
    Try the int2ext4 and use xionia or cot recoveries(they have bootloop quick fixes)
    IDK about anyone else but I've learned not to wipe dalvik cache. I lose my data. Anyone else have that issue?

    VM670 on ZVJ running Mirage
    When you wipe Dalvik Cache I think you wipe the links to the ext#. Another reboot might fix it.
  21. #21  
    EnMod's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe 01292013

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    Used int2sd+ with Mirage and it is working great so far. Mandyloin has It cooked in, but figured that I like Mirage and thought I'd try that out.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352587705479.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	45653

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I apologize for being off topic, but I have to know: What is that theme? I just fell head-over-heels for your status bar.
    "The answer's not that complex, we need to simplify." - Syst, "Complex Deconstruction"
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnMod View Post
    I apologize for being off topic, but I have to know: What is that theme? I just fell head-over-heels for your status bar.
    It's called Elegant Steel. Got it from a forum thread. Don't have the link though. Sorry.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    EnMod 
  23. #23  
    A-android-B's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    It's called Elegant Steel. Got it from a forum thread. Don't have the link though. Sorry.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Then it never happened lol jk

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
    EnMod likes this.
  24. #24  
    EnMod's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe 01292013

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    It's called Elegant Steel. Got it from a forum thread. Don't have the link though. Sorry.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Found it, thanks for telling me the name : [CM7 Theme Chooser] ElegantSteel (HDPI/MDPI) 6/10 - xda-developers
    "The answer's not that complex, we need to simplify." - Syst, "Complex Deconstruction"
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Any way to do this with the V?

    Wound up using the Mandylion ROM and it's built right in. Works really well.



    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to do this? Reverse Call Forwarding?
    By jdragione in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. Speed Dials? Any way to do it on this phone?
    By humer91 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
  3. Any way to create folders in the APP menu?
    By dmanindfw in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 08:42 AM
  4. Is there any way to get rid of the alarm clock icon?
    By kalldrexx in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
  5. Any way to fix this? (onscreen keyboard and colon symbol)
    By dima1109 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions