Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: [ROMS for the PEEPS!][CM7/CM9] By Samurai Dev

Alrighty, thanks. Hopefully Titanium works right this time. Each time I've tried to use it in the past it would just freeze up. But I will do it =P
    have a good one.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

It hangs only on certain apps.
    I also have "Root Uninstaller Pro" although Titanium Backup and Link2SD do a better job deleting apps, Root Uninstaller Pro saves all apk's to the sd card. Even the old apk from an update are still saved and not deleted unless you delete them manually (if the updates borked just restore the old working version).

I have used it right after a fresh ROM install to restore all apps that need to be on the internal storage, including Titanium Backup, without having any data or WiFi connection (copied and moved those apps from the root uninstaller folder to the root of the sd card, then installed). And used it to side load apps with the Android SDK onto a recovered brick with no data sedvice (no Wifi where living)

Once I figure out which app/apps hang Titanium Backup up, I install with Root Uninstaller Pro (I also use to install all apps I know need to be on the Internal storage).
    I then set up Link2SD.
    I then run the batch operation "restore all missing apps and data" from Titanium Backup.

A year and a half ago I puchased the Pro version and the Pro key for Titanium Backup.
    Best purchase's online ever.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoN_SoRrOwS View Post
    Both dropbox and github links don't have illusion there. Github has only the XperiaICS and GS3ICS uploads from October. The dropbox link brings you to your own dropbox with the error, "The folder '/Public' does not exist."
    Just FYI =P I've been waiting for the illusion update. The others roms drain the battery a little faster than I like.

Question. Is it possible to install the new illusion as an update over the previous? Or is a full-on wipe and install the way to go?

Thanks much.
    Thanks demon, i apologize... links have been fixed...
    As far as tb and dirty flashes are concerned, i do not advise either... Always full wipe and fresh install...
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

just realized i forgot to switch out init.d folder previously... all is fixed now as of 3:00pm central time... please redownload/reflash... thanks...

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    just realized i forgot to switch out init.d folder previously... all is fixed now as of 3:00pm central time... please redownload/reflash... thanks...
    Is that for gs3

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Quote Originally Posted by inceyet View Post
    Is that for gs3
    no, Illusion only at the moment... i might play with gs3 a bit tonight...

Is the WIFI still an issue? I tried your previous build and thought I remember you knew that WIFI was an issue with it but said it was corrected in this latest build? Any help to get it working? Followed your directions to a T.

Also when selecting options like lock screen style does not stick until you reboot?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Illusion2.3.7 has been updated... minor tweeks...
    anytime you change settings, the phone should be rebooted...

Ive read through this thread looking for answers about the wifi issue. Is there a fix? What is the cause kernel, rom? I have done as you said in your directions and flashed the kernel over the rom still nothing. Just so you know love the rom fastest one ive used and ive tried most all of them i have hda this ov for 2 yrs or whenever this thing come out. So cudos to you for the awesome work just would love wifi.

Trying the updated rom now will report back.

Installed the 2/11/2013 build and gapps left out installing the kernel over it as I assumed the lastest would be bundled in the rom and wifi is working now!!!! Good job man! Looking forward to getting it setup for daily use now and seeing how she fairs in the long haul. Again love how quick this rom feels from typing to opening apps good job!

Quote Originally Posted by perksa View Post
    Installed the 2/11/2013 build and gapps left out installing the kernel over it as I assumed the lastest would be bundled in the rom and wifi is working now!!!! Good job man! Looking forward to getting it setup for daily use now and seeing how she fairs in the long haul. Again love how quick this rom feels from typing to opening apps good job!
    Illusion is my favorite ROM at the moment. Quick and reliable. The only issue I had with it was because of my own stupidity other than the wifi issue. Replacing the build.prop with another fixed the wifi issue for me on previous builds. I'm about to flash the 2/11 build

Are you having an issue with font not displaying correctly or showing garbage text?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

thanks perks!... om kerneldoesnt seem to be compatible... ill remove the link and recommendation... all is operational on my end now...
    i have no issues with font display other than foreign languages... you can switch out the fonts at your discretion... i just prefer ubuntu myself...

Does the illusion Rom have usb fast charge

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Have you tried the jawz101 kernel?

No, would thekravens kernels be compatible

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It appears to be the launcher that is the issue once I switched to ADW the garbage text was gone for me.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234