[ROMS for the PEEPS!][CM7/CM9] By Samurai Dev

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
the problem is most likely the extremely outdated/incompatible recovery... but if you missed that step at the very beginning of the installation directions, it leads me to believe that you didnt actually read them at all... they are there for a reason... your phone is fine... ;-)

* flash cot2.1_rc1 recovery or kravens latest twrp recovery
* copy your sd to pc
* repartition the sd via recovery
* copy backed up content back to sd
* follow the rest of the installation directions
* enjoy

http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...913-recovery-twrp-2-2-2-1-touch-recovery.html
Samurai Dev - GS3ICS

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't try changing recoveries until you have a working rom on there. If your recovery is messed up, you can flash a new one from the rom, and vice versa. Try putting any other rom on, and then change recoveries to one of the recommended ones, then flash GS3.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
no... i only left it for those who use it... is the new chrome any better or still all laggy?... id love to switch so i could use the bookmark sync, but until its up to par with the speed of operamini/next, i dont see the point...

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I forgot if it was you or not but I read somewhere that clodfelterac had a fix for the sound playing out of the speaker when headphones were plugged in for ICS. Like if I was listening to music with headphones in and I get a text message. The sound would come out through the speaker instead and the go back to the headphones when it was done. How do I fix that for XperiaICS?

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
no... i only left it for those who use it... is the new chrome any better or still all laggy?... id love to switch so i could use the bookmark sync, but until its up to par with the speed of operamini/next, i dont see the point...

Not that I know know of I just wanna get rid of some space taken up so I wanna delete the default browser with titanium unless it messes up my phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Gonna flash the xperial rom later but I noticed the gapps link isn't working, can I use bobzhomes or kravens ics gapps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Illusion wifi problems were all kernel related... flash rom>flash om kernel (props to earthnfire)>flash gapps...
Gapps links fixed...
Updates coming...
BIG THANKS to all that are still hanging w/me...

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the latest MiRaGe ROM as the host ROM? He updated this month.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks andy... havent ran it yet, it but im sure its better than ever... id expect nothing less... im gonna start Illusion now... should be done in an hour or so...

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Illusion2.3.7-02072013/Illusion-Xtras links are live...
Ill work on GS3ICS/Xperia-ICS later...
Enjoy...

Both dropbox and github links don't have illusion there. Github has only the XperiaICS and GS3ICS uploads from October. The dropbox link brings you to your own dropbox with the error, "The folder '/Public' does not exist."
Just FYI =P I've been waiting for the illusion update. The others roms drain the battery a little faster than I like.

Question. Is it possible to install the new illusion as an update over the previous? Or is a full-on wipe and install the way to go?

Thanks much.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Although you probably should be able to just wipe cache partition and dalvik cache (if only the base ROM was changed), you will see a noticable drop in RAM and usable internal storage (a drop/difference from current ROM) after getting all apps restored.

I would just run a fresh app backup with Titanium Backup, then do a full wipe and Fresh install.

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty, thanks. Hopefully Titanium works right this time. Each time I've tried to use it in the past it would just freeze up. But I will do it =P
have a good one.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It hangs only on certain apps.
I also have "Root Uninstaller Pro" although Titanium Backup and Link2SD do a better job deleting apps, Root Uninstaller Pro saves all apk's to the sd card. Even the old apk from an update are still saved and not deleted unless you delete them manually (if the updates borked just restore the old working version).

I have used it right after a fresh ROM install to restore all apps that need to be on the internal storage, including Titanium Backup, without having any data or WiFi connection (copied and moved those apps from the root uninstaller folder to the root of the sd card, then installed). And used it to side load apps with the Android SDK onto a recovered brick with no data sedvice (no Wifi where living)

Once I figure out which app/apps hang Titanium Backup up, I install with Root Uninstaller Pro (I also use to install all apps I know need to be on the Internal storage).
I then set up Link2SD.
I then run the batch operation "restore all missing apps and data" from Titanium Backup.

A year and a half ago I puchased the Pro version and the Pro key for Titanium Backup.
Best purchase's online ever.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Both dropbox and github links don't have illusion there. Github has only the XperiaICS and GS3ICS uploads from October. The dropbox link brings you to your own dropbox with the error, "The folder '/Public' does not exist."
Just FYI =P I've been waiting for the illusion update. The others roms drain the battery a little faster than I like.

Question. Is it possible to install the new illusion as an update over the previous? Or is a full-on wipe and install the way to go?

Thanks much.

Thanks demon, i apologize... links have been fixed...
As far as tb and dirty flashes are concerned, i do not advise either... Always full wipe and fresh install...

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
just realized i forgot to switch out init.d folder previously... all is fixed now as of 3:00pm central time... please redownload/reflash... thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles