Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

No luck. Gonna try reflashing the rom.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

Ok I got rom flashed as well as gapps. But theres no Play Store. Although I was able to add my Google account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Reboot. After adding Google Account, it should add the play store.

If not in app drawer, check all apps in settings. If its there, wipe data on launcher.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Alright will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright will do.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Sniffle, its still a no go. Google services are all there, but there are no apps. I really do love the rom otherwise though.

ROM
    Changes Daily

It sounds like the system partition is getting to full for all the gapps to flash

Edit: if someone wants to try... get the vending.apk from the gapps zip and try adb pushing it to /system/app/ you could also use a root file manager to do it but without play store even that's not the simplest

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by pellik333 View Post
    Sniffle, its still a no go. Google services are all there, but there are no apps. I really do love the rom otherwise though.
    Try Wipe Data, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then under Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard, then reflash the rom, and then flash the gapps and see what happens. I do this procedure everytime even though it is not necessary in all cases. Usually fixes most of my problems.

Using twrp
    I wiped everything (except SD of course) and I had no problems flashing gapps.
    Aside from a couple reboots this has been running fine on my phone since yesterday

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Reboots, always happens to me on CM9. Did you edit the overclock?

ROM
    BACKside IHO

I too flashed and had no play store. Strangely enough, I had a copy of the sgapps on my phone and flashed them on top of the other gapps and everything has been fine

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Reboots, always happens to me on CM9. Did you edit the overclock?

What settings are you using for this?

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Ok. Trying this now. If a no-go, I'm gonna try pushing the play store with ADB, then install TWRP. If none of it works, gonna blow up my phone and regret it later.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by serialrage View Post
    What settings are you using for this?
    I've been running all day at 480/600, InteractiveX with no reboots. I always have to bump up the minimum on ics and jb.

I still love this rom. I'm not quite sure what to use the taskbar for, so I ignored it all day. Maybe tomorrow I'll work on setting it up so it would be more useful for me. I suppose i could hide all my apps in there and just have widgets on the desktop. It'll take some getting used to, but it could be cool. I love the gray background on the messaging app. I can actually see the time under the messages.

The only bugs are the ones with CAI - wifi tether (obviously), camcorder. I watched one hq video, which looked fine. Which thread had the good test videos? No blank screens with gmail or fb yet, but those don't always happen right away.

My only request, and i don't know how you could do this, would be a way to hide icon labels. I really don't like them, but this launcher is so nice otherwise, I don't wanna switch.

Also, i think you missed out when you didn't call it snap'wich. Just sayin'. You picked an amazing rom to port for us. Thanks, TGL!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

this rom looks awesome! lg ui is ftw!

ROM
    BobZhome CM9-RC2

For those having issues installing gapps, I have a solution, having realized that the ROM takes up so much of system memory.
    Download Titanium Backup from their website, Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site
    Use it to uninstall some of the apps that came with the ROM, such as Memo, aLogcat, anything you don't see yourself using.
    This will free up space in the system to allow you to install gapps.
    Then reboot into recovery; wipe dalvik cache and cache. Then flash gapps. Reboot your phone, and Play Store should show up in your app drawer.
    This method worked for me.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Nice job tgl, running fine. No problems with gapps or anything. Really smooth. I just hate how small the keyboard is compared to my one v

Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

yeap, with the egl patch this rom sure is smooooth, sexy, and very stable. Also the command "Emissions" works just like on Gingersnap! This rom will readily take on Gingersnaps legacy!

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    I've been running all day at 480/600, InteractiveX with no reboots. I always have to bump up the minimum on ics and jb.
    I always used the 480 for minimum even when i was running Harmonia 2 and InteractiveX appears to do the same as the ondemand however probly little more. It is also what i am using right now too though.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Tried it and success!!!! Like Kathie Lee Gifford, I love you all!!!!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Everything worked silk smooth on this ROM. I wiped everyting except /sdcard and installed the ROM, gapps, and google play is right there. And there is no reboot problems for me. and 3rd party tether using wifi for root user, worked flawlessly. But it is a no-go for me, when making phone call, the call goes thru, but the phone interface fc. Sometimes this would be a problem if one has to using dial patch for menu. I tried several time, and reboot several times, situation unchanged. Maybe I should reflash and see how it goes as I do not see anybody complaint about the phone. And also, the Home screen fc. I am a gingersnap follower, been with ginger snap since day 1. I now reflash back to gingersnap 2.3. I really wish I can stick with 4.0.4 if there is a go around on the phone use. Thanks for the great GS, and now this awesome update, TGL!

bun

I installed this morning. It was running really well, but then I lost root. I flashed the latest SU zip in recovery, which has worked on your other ports experiencing the same problem, but I still have no root.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Just flashed thekraven test kernel 33 running smooth as butter !! Thanks Thekraven and TGL!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Everything worked silk smooth on this ROM. I wiped everyting except /sdcard and installed the ROM, gapps, and google play is right there. And there is no reboot problems for me. and 3rd party tether using wifi for root user, worked flawlessly. But it is a no-go for me, when making phone call, the call goes thru, but the phone interface fc. Sometimes this would be a problem if one has to using dial patch for menu. I tried several time, and reboot several times, situation unchanged. Maybe I should reflash and see how it goes as I do not see anybody complaint about the phone. And also, the Home screen fc. I am a gingersnap follower, been with ginger snap since day 1. I now reflash back to gingersnap 2.3. I really wish I can stick with 4.0.4 if there is a go around on the phone use. Thanks for the great GS, and now this awesome update, TGL!

bun
    After running "Emissions" command in the terminal, now the only things that crash are home at startup(then its fine), camcorder screws up after a couple secs, and the wifi tether doesnt work, neither does it work with the wifi tether for root users. Root works fine though. Great rom. I can't wait for an update, i will be swarming over it like flies over a piece of dead meat, lol

Wiped and reinstalled. No root problems this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by bokoxthexchocobo View Post
    yeap, with the egl patch this rom sure is smooooth, sexy, and very stable. Also the command "Emissions" works just like on Gingersnap! This rom will readily take on Gingersnaps legacy!
    Did I miss something? What's the egl patch?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast