Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

ROM
    it changes so much

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

come to the dark side
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM-uploadfromtaptalk1353455331111.jpg  
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

ROM
    it changes so much

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

Quote Originally Posted by pellik333 View Post
    Would somebody be able to point me to a good porting guide? Would love to learn. I'd love to try and bring this to the Opti S.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    This might work on the optimus s as is, keys will be mapped differently, and now that I think of it TGL wrote a guide based on how he ports roms such as this very one

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

About to flash the update now. See if it all goes well. Rom is 104 MB this time. Deleted a few Ringtones/Notifications that were the biggest. I'll release today, based on Alpha 19 release. I also deleted the gallery, I recommend downloading Quickpic or something. It was one of the only ways I could slim down the Rom.

For Optimus S, use the Original Build.prop from the Alpha's TheKraven makes, USR folder, and eri.xml in Framework. I'll make a zip this week eventually.
    Thanked by 2:
    bokoxthexchocobo likes this.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

Can't wait for this update. I had a buggy experience with this rom last time, went back to mirage. Now I'm ready to scoop some ice cream!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

Sorry guys. Delayed till I decide what to do with the Rom size.

Bugs
    *Apps don't open
    *Can't add Google Account
    *Setup repeats over and over

Once I get the Play store working, I will release. Tbh, I had a porting mistake. Download about 5 different zips. Let's see what happens tomorrow. 1 more day

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    I also deleted the gallery, I recommend downloading Quickpic or something. It was one of the only ways I could slim down the Rom.
    Very excited about the update!

In ics, in't the camera part of gallery?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

I believe it was, but it had Camera.apk. So I guess its 2 different apps on the rom.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    I believe it was, but it had Camera.apk. So I guess its 2 different apps on the rom.

Don't waste time answering my pointless questions. The people want their update.

Btw, is your ov still broken?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

I'm here to help. :P
    My OV works, just no service.

adamhos likes this.

Can you add SMS split in the next update ? Thank you

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

I'm sorry guys. I'm slacking.

SMS split - 160+character makes the message more than 1?

Yes but once we go over 160 it wont send unless you convert it to a mms !

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Have you tried the Mms.apk from the latest CAI? I went with option C this time, before it was option D. They removed that checkbox back in March for split sms.

a) (default) enableMultipartSMS is true, enableSplitSMS is false.
    The application will always send one large sms to the radio, which will split at hardware level.
    b) enableMultipartSMS is false, enableSplitSMS is false.
    The application will send one mms if we reach the smsToMmsThreshold, else one large sms is sent.
    c) enableMultipartSMS is true, enableSplitSMS is true.
    The application will always split the sms before sending to the radio.
    d) enableMultipartSMS is false, enableSplitSMS is true.
    The application will send one mms if we reach the smsToMmsThreshold, else it splits the sms before sending.
    Thanked by:

is that in alpha 19 and will it keep the theme i just downloaded alpha 19

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Only if the theme chooser apk themes it. But you can push just the MMS.apk to system/app to test if split works. By default after 3 messages it changes to mms. But you can make it a larger number.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !

Just wanted to thank TGL for a new ROM experience.
    Ran this for 5 days....however, had to revert back to GB.
    Too many FC issues when trying to get things accomplished.
    Keep up the good work though and I may give it another shot down the road
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

I thought this was getting an update ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Cold As Ice

It is, be patient.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  

Got this One V, and now I'm not to crazy about ICS, although I never really was. I'll update this, yes. But I recommend using CAI more than this to be honest.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I see now why TGL says to switch to CAI it runs a lot smoother, and don't have the home FC, basically same interface for the most part since I had been using IcySnap before that.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

Yeah. I let my 5 year old brother use my V for games. It's currently running CAI, and since hes not a user like us with heavy usage, the phone doesn't reboot on him.

I'll update this. I won't be able to test what's working and what's not since he thinks the phone is his now, so ill release builds in post. I also ported Democracy Rom along time ago. Got permission to post it, but never did.

It's based on the 7-30-12 Mirage build I think. Maybe somewhere in September even.

Democracy Ron Final - http://db.tt/gJHdm6vF

Thanked by 2:
    montagna likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

I'll try to update this today. Almost home. A lot of free time today :thumbup:

Thanked by 2:

I finally jumped shipped to Cold as Ice on Monday. I used TWRP as the recovery, cause i like it and whats the worst that could happen. It installed fine and glitch less and about 4hrs latter it experienced what i call a catastrophic system failure. I say "catastrophic" because it not only experienced a boot loop it also when trying to boot up would make a high pitch loud beep sound. So assumed it was the recovery, did a quick system restore, changed the recovery from TWRP to COT and now its working like a dream(fingers crossed). So just warning some peeps stick with the suggested recovery. And at least so far it seams more stable and same or better battery life.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

Hey TGL,

Hows progress? I just looked at nekos icysnap for the p500 thread and man, they are so far ahead. Cant wait to run icysnap 1.3 on the V.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

I'm getting lazy. I'm so sorry. cD

I put my V on charge before I left. I'll start when I get home

Thanked by:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast