Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

Having trouble getting it booted due to ICS size. Currently, I'm in a bootloop. I'll keep trying.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

maybe have to add in a EXT script :/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

I don't use EXT. Maybe I have to remove the EXT script. Or most likely reduce size. The Ron alone is 111mb. I might remove all ringtones and Notifications and say put them on the SD card.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    I don't use EXT. Maybe I have to remove the EXT script. Or most likely reduce size. The Ron alone is 111mb. I might remove all ringtones and Notifications and say put them on the SD card.

If your using alpha19 as a base (and I hope you are), the app2sd script has been giving some people problems. After you flash you have to exit the setup and select the option under performance, a2sd settings in order to get it to work. I don't think getting rid of the script will save you any space, though.
    Thanked by:
    EnMod 

You'll get it to boot
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

And the crowd chants "TGL, TGL, TGL."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  

Hehe. I DON'T use EXT,.or whatever its called. App2SD? I use whatever memory the phone has.

I'll take another attempt tomorrow. Today's attempt failed.

Thanked by:

Cool Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

I got it to work also, using Link2SD.
    I also use All in one Toolbox, for clean up and their tools "recommended"
    Titanium shows the REAL size of the APP storage "MUST HAVE".

Total installed APPS "System & USER" = 75
    This is a test setup . works but it is sluggish at times.I run anti mailware AV and Air Push "AD detector etc.
    I like this ROM , however I change a lot.

{Point is, the tools above made it work.

Just noticed, i needed to install youtube.running now on 5% space left.

The only problem, that I have and for me it's a deal breaker unfortunately, is the camera function.
    Last edited by CSOS; 12-12-2012 at 08:47 AM.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

hmm. Gingersnaps working wonders with S2E, even though on other roms its caused problems. Moved all the apps to the sd card, left app data and davik on the internal (alot like cron's A2sd++ script).
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #110  

Which way did you port it?

I use TheKraven's CM9 as a base.(permission granted). With the fully working porting I do, it doesn't boot because ICS is to large at this point. 111MB

upconvert likes this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

My one v was stolen and had to go back toy op v which is missing an sd card but once i get one ill be flashing this. Looks great

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Damn. Hope you reported them to Virgin so they can't get any use out of it. Sorry to hear that.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Damn. Hope you reported them to Virgin so they can't get any use out of it. Sorry to hear that.
    I put in a police report they said to wait 24 hours so they can try to track it via gps. I waited then just switched my account back to my optimus. And thank you

Honestly i think the worst part is they got my laptop too with 4 websites data i was working on.

Last edited by kenharkey7; 12-17-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not to hijack this thread but did you try remotely installing Plan B? It's in the Play store and can help you try to locate your phone after it's been stolen, as long as it's on and has a data connection (and they haven't cleared your Google account).
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

No computer to use.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

This just got hard..... The Rom is 129MB.........

ROM
    Cold as Ice

What does it need to get down to? 90ish?

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #118  

Just about. I'll probably trim it down, ALOT to see how it runs first.

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Try this font folder from alpha17g. It saves around 5 MB. Just swap out the font folder for this one. Only downside with the smaller droidsansfallback is that it cut chinese and japanese characters.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by 2:
    bokoxthexchocobo likes this.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

Which way did you port it?

I use TheKraven's CM9 as a base.(permission granted). With the fully working porting I do, it doesn't boot because ICS is to large at this point. 111MB

It was bobs cm9, which I got denied permissions... something about bobs cm9 + icysnap 1.3 works soooo good.... (almost like its meant to be together)
    On another note, was compiling bobz cm9 myself.. but I'm stuck on the camera not compiling right.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

OK my personal angel brought me an eight gig card and I flashed icysnap 1.0 everything runs great. Only issues I saw was home crashed once when I first booted, the fonts look a little, weak? And it says sprint. Other than that its awesome

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  

Quote Originally Posted by bokoxthexchocobo View Post
    It was bobs cm9, which I got denied permissions... something about bobs cm9 + icysnap 1.3 works soooo good.... (almost like its meant to be together)
    On another note, was compiling bobz cm9 myself.. but I'm stuck on the camera not compiling right.
    I have no idea how to build yet. But anyways, I meant like, you filled in missing libs and everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    OK my personal angel brought me an eight gig card and I flashed icysnap 1.0 everything runs great. Only issues I saw was home crashed once when I first booted, the fonts look a little, weak? And it says sprint. Other than that its awesome

It still says Sprint? I thought I replaced it with VM..... I'm trying to push an update out, but with the rom size, it's stressing.

how bout just skipping 1.3 and moving on to 1.4.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

I have no idea how to build yet. But anyways, I meant like, you filled in missing libs and everything?
    Nope not missing libs, theres a problem with bobz cm9 camera.. i'm thinking of changing my default xml to point to cyanogen mod's camera, instead of continuing to use bob's camera package.
    Quote Originally Posted by aperez4501 View Post
    how bout just skipping 1.3 and moving on to 1.4.
    :O there's a 1.4 out?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  

1.4 is 129MB's. That's why its hard to port.

Bob and TheKraven use their own Camera's, dont they? I did.noticed the camera's looked different.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast