Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

I was having a problem with apps dissapearing after rebooting with this rom and getting a android is upgrading screen. Does this have something to do with me flashing cronmods int2ext or something else.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    kravenParanoid test39 ZVJ

Default Re: [ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

Updating / Optimizing warnings mean your Dalvik Cache is being rebuilt (at least in part) - chances are pretty good it has something to do with the int2ext script or similar (dalvik2cache maybe?)
    (there are many versions, and I haven't opened this ROM up to look inside and see what exactly is included... but it sure sounds like it would include its own script too)

Anyhow, assuming you removed the existing int2ext script before flashing another one... are you using the "fixed" one from cron at least?

PS: I'm just gonna toss out there that... I've seen a lot of problems like this related to int2ext scripts - I've been using the script posted by obijohn (page ~16 of the JBC/PAC thread over on the S forums) with some minor modifications (I think CM9 uses /data/nv instead of /data/nvram, or at least mine does... so I added that to the internal storage) - they seem to work more reliably for some users?
    (or at least... I haven't had any of the strange problems people describe int2ext scripts potentially causing - obijohn's script uses bind mounts to keep nvram, properties and a few other things on internal storage, and /data/data if you want to keep that there too... my browser likes to eat all of my internal storage if I do that though... plus my SD card is 3x faster than my internal storage...)

But you do need a working 'rsync' binary for obijohn's to work - rsync your Android [asksven] - works, but it's statically linked and around 900K - so this wouldn't work on some roms with a very tightly packed /system partition (without removing something at least)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #178  

Right now, fail boots. Deleting stuff to see if it's the size and not the rom.
    Thanked by:

Hey TGL!

Found you on the GingerDX Thread and decided to give this a shot. The ROM is awesome! However, I'm running into a problem I've had with other ICS and up ROMS from the past. I think I tried BobZHome's Jellybean and ICS and it did the same...

So when the phone is on, it doesn't see my USB Charging Cable! I've tried plugging in to various outlets in my house, as well as my computer (My Optimus V could never sync up to a computer, fyi... but was always able to charge, even when plugged into a computer as power source) and tried multiple cables in my house that successfully charge the family's Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy, as well as older phones.

Other interesting issues... if the phone is shut off (which seems to require me to unplug the phone completely), as soon as I plug in the cable, the phone starts. However, again, no actual charging is taking place.

I'm going to test this but in the past, I believe if I boot into CWM and plug the cable in then, my phone does take a charge... However, it's kind of impractical if you can imagine!

I know that I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue and it's quite beyond me, but is there anyway I can help resolve this?

Thanks so much! You've given me a taste of ICS and I want more! I know you've been busy trying to revive this and make a new update, and this issue isn't exactly tops on your list... but thought you may have some ideas off the top of your head possibly!

Thanks!
    -h

**Update: Original Post I made awhile back here with some new information, but no full solutions yet:

Optimus V - Not Charging on Attempted Upgrades to ICS and JB using BobZHome's ROMs

Last edited by hapworth; 06-07-2013 at 02:04 PM.

ROM
    kravenParanoid test39 ZVJ

EDIT: I had a comment about charging, but it doesn't belong here, moved it over to the thread linked above.

Sorry for the clutter.
    Last edited by vector84an; 06-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

If I ever get my OV back, I'm gonna work on an ICS based tweaked rom. This rom is gorgeous and in terms of snappiness one of the best I've had the pleasure of running, and that list of tweaks is eye-poppingly sexy, nice work. I installed it for my brother and he's been pretty content with it, still hasn't asked me to switch roms for him again this time so I'm gonna assume he loves it.

I'd like to share my findings with you guys one of these days as my way of saying thanks for guiding me on my journey of Android rooting and modding awesomeness, but first I'd like to share with a dev and make sure it all runs just as well for you guys. My current daily phone has very similar hardware, the same tweaks should also work on the OV I used to own and quite a few of them are QualComm specific.

I love the thought of returning to the OV community so I'll try my best to make it happen, I miss y'all.
    Thanked by:

Just installed this one a few days ago to replace Quattrimus, which had gotten a bit stale and bland for my tastes. The size of the ROM and all the extras worried me at first, but this is a very snappy and responsive ROM. No real bugs, but once had an issue with the A2SD script, which on reboot would no longer read my SD-EXT until I did a system reset and reload (did it once on Quattrimus, which is why I finally took the plunge).

One thing I noticed is that some apps are no longer compatible with IcySnap, including Google Goggles, a car finder app I had and various Yellow Pages-type apps (although Yelp works). Anyone know why this is?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678