[ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
:( anything.. maybe something as is so everyone can individually decide what to remove for themselves.

Request accepted. I'm gonna bare bone it. Remove heaviest things till it boot.

I'm staying home today. Sickness. Damn Flu season, good thing I don't have that :p.

I'll remove ringtones first. I'll package those to be on the SD card. Then I'll see what happens with internal apps. Upon all that, I'm not active to much. I'm on XDA more now. If you need anything PM me. I'll start now.

Hopefully same problem doesn't happen like last time. Last time no apps opened but home screen worked fine. :):D;):thumbup:

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Something to think about: Odexing the ROM. This means that trying to flash a custom theme will not work (don't know about the Theme Chooser app and themes installed that way). Odexing will reduce the size of the ROM by maybe 10-15% but does limit any changes made to it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Neko did some theme changes. So now various themes can be used.

I have no idea how to odex and deodex though. Always gave me errors. :(

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I don't know what to do. The rom doesn't boot, but bootloops. It's just like before. The problem I had with Ginger Snap one time. I couldn't do nothing about it..... :/

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
When we worked on LeWa I used every kernel with every ROM we had in order to find the best combination of base ROM and kernel and ported ROM. Quite a few times I would try a combo that would boot loop.
Point being: Try other base ROMs and kernels.
You always get fixed on one base ROM or one kernel. Think out of the box!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Paranoid Android did this too. The fact that we have almost no ICS ROMs makes it hard

I think its because the ROMs have stuff with a partition. I don't use partitions. Could be the cause of no boot

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try diging into the base ROM and see what's inside. It won't bite!
I use Root Explorer which is the best File Explorer for android devices. You have to pay for it but it's worth it.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I don't know what to do. The rom doesn't boot, but bootloops. It's just like before. The problem I had with Ginger Snap one time. I couldn't do nothing about it..... :/

You have the tone of a man who is possibly getting frustrated, take a breather off need be, step back from this or other projects for a day or two and recharge your internal batteries. If I'm way off base I'm sorry

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The last screenshot on here shows that this ROM allows charging!!! Woot gonna try this right now BRB with result screenshot!

Sent from the CIA, Android department.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, just tried it out and no it does not charge at all. And no I do not know why it wouldn't allow charging but all the jelly bean and ICS updates I've done do not. Pisses me off.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, just tried it out and no it does not charge at all. And no I do not know why it wouldn't allow charging but all the jelly bean and ICS updates I've done do not. Pisses me off.

Perhaps it's your phone? I've tried literally every Rom on this forum and have never had an issue charging but I am no expert

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd be so happy if I could get a ROM that actually charges on JB or ICS... I need some serious help. And I'm a nerd.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be so happy if I could get a ROM that actually charges on JB or ICS... I need some serious help. And I'm a nerd.

I think its your phone because mine doesn't charge on any IHO roms

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The most stable ROMs right now for the V are all IHO Gingerbread ROMs, with the exception of Earthnfires new ROM which is based totally on CM7 source code (IHO is a fork of the CM7 source code).
If you want a stable ICS or Jellybean ROM, either develop a lot of patience, or buy a phone with it preinstalled by the carrier.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The most stable ROMs right now for the V are all IHO Gingerbread ROMs, with the exception of Earthnfires new ROM which is based totally on CM7 source code (IHO is a fork of the CM7 source code).
If you want a stable ICS or Jellybean ROM, either develop a lot of patience, or buy a phone with it preinstalled by the carrier.

Sorry I begg to differ with you. TDM's ICS roms are real nice not yo mention BoBz ICS rom is equally ill. Plus TGL ported SG3 which is my daily, just came off AOKP just fro change it up.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Where talking everything working, everything. No crashes, auto reboots, freezes, or laggs.
How high can they be overclocked, or can they be overclocked at all?
Tell the truth now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463