Help with seemingly endless brick problems

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I volunteered to help my buddy out and unbrick his OV. He has not told me what he did to it, but it is bricked. When you power it on, it displays the LG logo, and then the screen goes black. When I power it into recovery, the volume down button makes the selection choice go up, and the voice command button makes it go down. When I press the camera button (like I want to select something) it just flashes the main recovery screen at me. It will not let me select anything, and it won't boot into the rom. I will keep this updated with information as he gives it to me, but does anybody know what I could do?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like he flashed a recovery not made for the optimus v, possibly used rom manager?
I am sure this can be fixed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you check all the other buttons? Maybe the enter button is mapped to a key other than camera.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Your going to need to flash a new recovery through adb cot or xionia to fix the bootloop part then flash a rom for the vm670

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Lets see... i rooted it, then i installed a few root apps, worked perfectly, installed a stock overclock Rom, worked as well, but the Google apps weren't there. (Which annoyed me for some reason) so i tried a new Rom (don't remember which, but i did it just because) like a smart router, i chose to make a backup with clockworkmod, then, i installed it. Black screen. So, i attempted to recover my stock Rom and overlooks Rom, but both were gone (?) And that's about it. Oh, and after the recoveries were gone, i did a factory reset, then tried to reinstall the Rom i had before (after the overclock) and it wouldn't install. Theni turned it over to you.

This is some more information he sent me about what he did. And how would I go about flashing a new recovery through adb? I thought that was something in settings you turned on, but I cant get any part of this to work. And I did try pressing all the buttons, as I figured he may have messed up the mapping, but none of them were able to select anything :/ Thanks for your guys' input so far

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Lets see... i rooted it, then i installed a few root apps, worked perfectly, installed a stock overclock Rom, worked as well, but the Google apps weren't there. (Which annoyed me for some reason) so i tried a new Rom (don't remember which, but i did it just because) like a smart router, i chose to make a backup with clockworkmod, then, i installed it. Black screen. So, i attempted to recover my stock Rom and overlooks Rom, but both were gone (?) And that's about it. Oh, and after the recoveries were gone, i did a factory reset, then tried to reinstall the Rom i had before (after the overclock) and it wouldn't install. Theni turned it over to you.

This is some more information he sent me about what he did. And how would I go about flashing a new recovery through adb? I thought that was something in settings you turned on, but I cant get any part of this to work. And I did try pressing all the buttons, as I figured he may have messed up the mapping, but none of them were able to select anything :/ Thanks for your guys' input so far

There are good instructions in the stickies, called simplified root, recovery and rom. Skip to step 4, but instead of the cwm recovery in that post use one of the recoveries that theexile1 mentioned above. Once you get the recovery installed, choose the fix bootloop option, install the new rom, install the gapps, then reboot.

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to say that it needs a working rom. However, I am going to try to get that screencast thing. Does anybody know if I can download that and run it off a jump drive?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have used droid@screen before, and it works well. You need to have vm670 drivers from LG, java, and the adk. What type of pc are you using, and why do you want to run it off a flash drive?

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used droid@screen before, and it works well. You need to have vm670 drivers from LG, java, and the adk. What type of pc are you using, and why do you want to run it off a flash drive?

I have a dell desktop with windows 7, and I wanted to run it off a jump drive so I wouldn't have to install anything on my computer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2