Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

Default Help with seemingly endless brick problems

Hey guys, I volunteered to help my buddy out and unbrick his OV. He has not told me what he did to it, but it is bricked. When you power it on, it displays the LG logo, and then the screen goes black. When I power it into recovery, the volume down button makes the selection choice go up, and the voice command button makes it go down. When I press the camera button (like I want to select something) it just flashes the main recovery screen at me. It will not let me select anything, and it won't boot into the rom. I will keep this updated with information as he gives it to me, but does anybody know what I could do?

Default Re: Help with seemingly endless brick problems

Sounds like he flashed a recovery not made for the optimus v, possibly used rom manager?
    I am sure this can be fixed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Did you check all the other buttons? Maybe the enter button is mapped to a key other than camera.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    it changes so much

Can't you flash a new recovery via adb?

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

ROM
    MIUI Alpha V4

Your going to need to flash a new recovery through adb cot or xionia to fix the bootloop part then flash a rom for the vm670
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

Lets see... i rooted it, then i installed a few root apps, worked perfectly, installed a stock overclock Rom, worked as well, but the Google apps weren't there. (Which annoyed me for some reason) so i tried a new Rom (don't remember which, but i did it just because) like a smart router, i chose to make a backup with clockworkmod, then, i installed it. Black screen. So, i attempted to recover my stock Rom and overlooks Rom, but both were gone (?) And that's about it. Oh, and after the recoveries were gone, i did a factory reset, then tried to reinstall the Rom i had before (after the overclock) and it wouldn't install. Theni turned it over to you.

This is some more information he sent me about what he did. And how would I go about flashing a new recovery through adb? I thought that was something in settings you turned on, but I cant get any part of this to work. And I did try pressing all the buttons, as I figured he may have messed up the mapping, but none of them were able to select anything :/ Thanks for your guys' input so far

Stupid question but Its not a touch screen recovery is it?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethedrummer View Post
    Lets see... i rooted it, then i installed a few root apps, worked perfectly, installed a stock overclock Rom, worked as well, but the Google apps weren't there. (Which annoyed me for some reason) so i tried a new Rom (don't remember which, but i did it just because) like a smart router, i chose to make a backup with clockworkmod, then, i installed it. Black screen. So, i attempted to recover my stock Rom and overlooks Rom, but both were gone (?) And that's about it. Oh, and after the recoveries were gone, i did a factory reset, then tried to reinstall the Rom i had before (after the overclock) and it wouldn't install. Theni turned it over to you.

This is some more information he sent me about what he did. And how would I go about flashing a new recovery through adb? I thought that was something in settings you turned on, but I cant get any part of this to work. And I did try pressing all the buttons, as I figured he may have messed up the mapping, but none of them were able to select anything :/ Thanks for your guys' input so far
    There are good instructions in the stickies, called simplified root, recovery and rom. Skip to step 4, but instead of the cwm recovery in that post use one of the recoveries that theexile1 mentioned above. Once you get the recovery installed, choose the fix bootloop option, install the new rom, install the gapps, then reboot.

I believe You need a working rom for that to work

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

I will check that out, thanks man

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post
    I believe You need a working rom for that to work

Good point. I guess he might have to use the unbrick method from the stickies.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

I was just going to say that it needs a working rom. However, I am going to try to get that screencast thing. Does anybody know if I can download that and run it off a jump drive?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I have used droid@screen before, and it works well. You need to have vm670 drivers from LG, java, and the adk. What type of pc are you using, and why do you want to run it off a flash drive?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    I have used droid@screen before, and it works well. You need to have vm670 drivers from LG, java, and the adk. What type of pc are you using, and why do you want to run it off a flash drive?

I have a dell desktop with windows 7, and I wanted to run it off a jump drive so I wouldn't have to install anything on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethedrummer View Post
    I have a dell desktop with windows 7, and I wanted to run it off a jump drive so I wouldn't have to install anything on my computer
    Check your pm's