Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clodfelterac
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VM670 rom help

I flashed my rom here CM7.2.0 RC1-VM670-BobZhome (5-20-2012). https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670 And it says sucessful and enjoy, then i installed the GAPPS.ZIP from the same page the current version. Now im stuck in the ClockworkMod Recovery Screen i cant go back to my old rom it got deleted with my backup and everything. So now my question is what to do from here? I tried rebooting, and power off, pulling the battery and everything im still stuck in CWM and i cant get out of it. So please help im a noob

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: VM670 rom help

Quote Originally Posted by happypanda0629 View Post
    I flashed my rom here CM7.2.0 RC1-VM670-BobZhome (5-20-2012). https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670 And it says sucessful and enjoy, then i installed the GAPPS.ZIP from the same page the current version. Now im stuck in the ClockworkMod Recovery Screen i cant go back to my old rom it got deleted with my backup and everything. So now my question is what to do from here? I tried rebooting, and power off, pulling the battery and everything im still stuck in CWM and i cant get out of it. So please help im a noob
    In CWM, after doing a nandroid backup, wipe cache, dalvik cache, boot, system, and data. DO NOT WIPE SD-CARD. Using CWM reinstall ROM zip file then reinstall GAPPS. Reboot and you should be okay.

You can also try reinstall without wiping anything to see if that helps. If not you may need a different recovery. You stated CWM but exactly which recovery are you using? Knowing this will also allow us to help you.

Sent from my LG-VM670
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Dont know im a noob at this, i reset my phone from factory and then got stuck in the CWM screen, read a little and found a rom to flash, my sd card is clean except for the ROM, GAPPS and the .img file for the ROM, I can flash the rom it say sucessful and enjoy, then install gapps from the install from zip menu. Then i tried reboot, and it still returns to the screen.

ROM
    Stock

You may need a different recovery to fix bootloops maybe COT or TWRP
    I will look for a link.

Just to confirm you did not use ROM Manager. It does not work for our phones. Also never do factory reset from any custom ROM. You can safely reset from in recovery but not from the ROM.

I will PM link once found.

Sent from my LG-VM670
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Tried still doesn't work won't even flash without errors. And I have tried several. I'm just wanting to get basic functions. Wished I would have never made the switch from apple. Yes I said apple I loved my iPhone and hate my droid. And I've had several different ones.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Now, now. I'm gonna assume you're just blowing off steam, and you didn't mean the mean things you said. Once you get it working right, you may grow to love android.

You might need to flash a different recovery like xonia or cot, which have an option to fix the bootloop, then flash the rom and gapps. Since your recovery seems to be somewhat functional, you can try flashing through there. If that doesn't work, you'll have to try the adb method from the stickies.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by upconvert; 11-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Don't hit the factory reset in the Privacy Menu
    Inside your phone is a factory reset. This will instantly make your rooted phone a brick. If you need to clear out yoru personal data, boot into recovery and do the factory reset/wipe there. See below if you have done this.

I hit the factory reset in the Privacy Menu, now what
    This is not an easy one to fix. Read any threads you find to completion, as many start down this road and only make things worse. Try this or this or this.

Good Practices
    Never install a rom and recovery in the same step. If you install a rom, and it fails, you can still fix it with recovery. If you install a recovery and it fails, you can fix it from inside the rom. Each acts as a fail safe. If one of them is down, don't mess with the other until you get the broken one fixed. Do this and you will never brick your Optimus V.

How to fix 99% of your problems
    This thread tells all. - By LeslieAnn
    [GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)
    bkttk2 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok flashed a rom now im stuck in LG screen bootloop and cant get out it just keeps doing it and restarting the phone

ROM
    Cold as Ice

If you can't get into recovery, you'll have to follow sammyz unbrick method in the stickies.

Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

Flashing a rom shouldn't be able to take out your recovery under any circumstances. Unplug from usb-remove battery-reinsert battery-hold home/volume down/and power to attempt to boot recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware