Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bar73k's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 | bobzhome 2.6.32.9

    Default CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    I've tried Bobz cm9, cm10, quatrimus cm9, aokp cm9, and ICy Snap cm9 for the VM670...

    And EVERY SINGLE ROM has the same native SIP issues: incoming calls work fine, outgoing calls have no audio (mic/speaker). However, using sipdroid for outgoing calls works, but i hate sipdroid and its lame using an additional program just for outgoing calls. And CsipSimple seems to constantly lose connectivity to the sip server.

    I know there are voice search issues with many cm9/10 roms (except for ICy Snap, which worked nicely), and everything worked great when using bobz cm7.2.

    Anyone have any insight on this issue? I read somewhere that it could be just an incorrect device initialization somewhere in the SIP related code... or since these roms all use kravens kernel, perhaps somewhere in there??? I don't know, but this is driving me nuts.

    caveat: i have EXHAUSTIVELY tested every combination of roms/settings/etc, so we can rule out user error. And my pbxes settings are not the issue either.

    any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    Quote Originally Posted by bar73k View Post
    I've tried Bobz cm9, cm10, quatrimus cm9, aokp cm9, and ICy Snap cm9 for the VM670...

    And EVERY SINGLE ROM has the same native SIP issues: incoming calls work fine, outgoing calls have no audio (mic/speaker). However, using sipdroid for outgoing calls works, but i hate sipdroid and its lame using an additional program just for outgoing calls. And CsipSimple seems to constantly lose connectivity to the sip server.

    I know there are voice search issues with many cm9/10 roms (except for ICy Snap, which worked nicely), and everything worked great when using bobz cm7.2.

    Anyone have any insight on this issue? I read somewhere that it could be just an incorrect device initialization somewhere in the SIP related code... or since these roms all use kravens kernel, perhaps somewhere in there??? I don't know, but this is driving me nuts.

    caveat: i have EXHAUSTIVELY tested every combination of roms/settings/etc, so we can rule out user error. And my pbxes settings are not the issue either.

    any help is greatly appreciated.
    It won't work in CM10 bc it requires working voice libs (which are broken, not sure if CM10 stable fixed it, but the nightlies def weren't)...but on CM9, have you tried Groove IP (would require a Google Voice account, but not the app itself though)?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bar73k's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 | bobzhome 2.6.32.9

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    i got google voice + pbxes.... on both I have the same issue. incoming works fine, outgoing no audio tx/rx :-(
  4. #4  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    Quote Originally Posted by bar73k View Post
    i got google voice + pbxes.... on both I have the same issue. incoming works fine, outgoing no audio tx/rx :-(

    if you would like, I can send you my Groove IP apk for you to install manually if you PM your email. However, for it to work, you need to go into your Google Voice account, go into settings and forward calls to Google Talk (SMS on GV is unaffected by the change). That is how Groove routes GV.

    CM9 or CM10 right now? It works fine on CM9, but is pretty hit or miss on CM10 due to the broken voice libs.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bar73k's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 | bobzhome 2.6.32.9

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    Thanks, I have the latest grooveIP apk, I've reverted back to cm7.2, native dialer works flawlessly with SIP, just the ui is ugly :-( .... perhaps bobzhome's next update addresses this issue, if not I'll just have to do more digging thru poorly commented code, ugh...
  6. #6  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    Quote Originally Posted by bar73k View Post
    Thanks, I have the latest grooveIP apk, I've reverted back to cm7.2, native dialer works flawlessly with SIP, just the ui is ugly :-( .... perhaps bobzhome's next update addresses this issue, if not I'll just have to do more digging thru poorly commented code, ugh...
    Thekraven has done a lot of work to fix audio routing. Idk if your issue was addressed, but you might want to check out cold as ice in the optimus s forums.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: CM9/CM10 Native SIP issues (incoming works, outgoing no audio-in/out)

    Please post or pm me if you should find a better solution, or try Cold as Ice. I tried Bob Zhome versions of ics and jb this weekend for the first time. Mostly because I wanted the VPN to work which, it never would on Gingerbread. OpenVPN seems to work fine on both ics and jb. But I got no sound at all with the built in voip client for jb and only incoming calls worked for ics. I couldn't get sipdroid to work with my asterisk server on jb. So, the ics + grooveIP is a compromise I think I can live with for now. Hopefully we get a better solution soon as jb was definitely faster than ics on anything with wifi.

    For what its worth I couldn't get CSipSimple to work with ics or jb either...

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB OTA?
    By FrankXS in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 12:33 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 08:55 AM
  3. Native SIP Calling Questions
    By BlackHawkA4 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
  4. Well, my 2.2 is working fine, no issues, anyone else?
    By guitarplayer in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
  5. Moment Native Messenger Issues
    By Nickyshane in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B