Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Honeycomb?

    Would it be possible for someone to make a practically stock android honeycomb ROM?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    No. May get it booted, but not at all working.

    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    Ok thanks. I kind of thought that.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    tvall's Avatar

    Posts
    591 Posts
    ROM
    cm9

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    I ported it a while ago just for fun. Nothing worked. Never messed with it again. I can't figure out what I did with the zip.
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

    If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    Your not missing much. Having ICS, there is no point for a HC ROM, except for fun. It would be more work than it is worth, as it is pretty much ics without several features, and no phone ui. It would be like building an eclair or froyo ROM now. Lol.
  6. #6  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,832 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    No. May get it booted, but not at all working.

    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    This isnt true if google released the source. Can't remember if they did. But it would be pointless.

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
  7. #7  
    tvall's Avatar

    Posts
    591 Posts
    ROM
    cm9

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    This isnt true if google released the source. Can't remember if they did. But it would be pointless.

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    They did, its in the git repos (that's how git works, every single change is there). They just didn't tag any of it or release it officially. It would take a lot of work to go through each individual repo and find where the last hc commit ends and where ics takes over, so almost everyone has ignored it.
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

    If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,832 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default Re: Honeycomb?

    Quote Originally Posted by tvall View Post
    They did, its in the git repos (that's how git works, every single change is there). They just didn't tag any of it or release it officially. It would take a lot of work to go through each individual repo and find where the last hc commit ends and where ics takes over, so almost everyone has ignored it.
    Ok, then it definitely wouldnt be worth it

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!

Similar Threads

  1. Black Honeycomb wallpaper?
    By BillK in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. Galaxy tab getting Honeycomb?
    By frenzy757 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 09:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
  4. So I just updated from Honeycomb to Ice Cream and...
    By DroidXDoes in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 12:14 PM
  5. ATOMIK keyboard/honeycomb layout?
    By braj in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 02:45 AM

Posting Permissions

B