Please help ASAP! Is my phone bricked?

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I was in ROMManager and I backed up my rom at 8:40 and now it's 8:52 and its still at the LG screen. Is my phone bricked?! I really can't afford a new one!!!! :( :'(

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Pull the battery. Try and Reboot
Rom manager still doesn't work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You sir, are a LEGEND! I just have one more question, would it be okay if I do all this while connected to a computer via USB or does it have to be disconnected? Because my battery is 58%.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Rom manager doesn't have a recovery that fully supports our phone. You need to Install a custom recovery made for the the ov and use it to make a backup. Stay away from Rom manager its messed up many phones around here. Read through the stickies at the top of the rooting roms and hacks sub forum they'll help you get going. The ov is very hard to really brick and has some of the best support forums I've seen. Bottom line read up before trying anything new and ask questions if you still don't understand. Welcome to the forums :)

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

tenzin jinpa

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here dude... Mine samsung galaxy ace also bricked... our fone went in Wake lock that ensures that the CPU is running. The screen might not be on.
public static final int PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK = 1;

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here dude... Mine samsung galaxy ace also bricked... our fone went in Wake lock that ensures that the CPU is running. The screen might not be on.
public static final int PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK = 1;

Different phone and different issue. This thread was just a case having rom manager install an incorrect recovery. Your issue sounds more complicated and like nothing I've read on the optimus v. Your best bet would be to ask in the galaxy ace section of the forum.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith