Need Help Unrooting Phone

AndroidsMan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My brother upgraded to a new phone and handed me his LG Optimus V. I've been trying to activate this phone for a few hours now to no avail, when i called Virgin Mobile they asked me to enter ##847466# to enter the programming menu but my phone stays on the dialpad. Since that didn't work, they then asked me to look for the "Activate" app but i guess he must have of deleted that because i couldn't find it. I'm completely new to androids so almost every forum i have read was of a foreign language to me. I do know the phone is rooted so I can't do a factory reset. Can anyone help me with a step by step guide or link to one that shows how to unroot the phone to stock as if it just came out of the box? Please try to make it as simplified as possible since im new to all this, thanks in advance!

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you do, dont press factory reset in the setting menu!
Cant stress that enough

Hopefully he made a backup in recovery, if he did you can restore that original backup then do a factory reset in the recovery menu

While im sure somone will tell you how to go to stock, i would suggest not to, this phone is amazing and if you leave it rooted you will have a blast with it

You should read through this then flash a froyo rom (they have the activate app)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=108282
[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any plans on rooting in the future? Do you have a computer?
If you answered yes to both the above questions you could flash the zv9 update. I asked the second question because if you go to zv9 and want to root you need a computer.
ONLY FLASH ZV9 IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ROOT, OR HAVE A COMPUTER TO ROOT WITH.
The guide for flashing zv9 is really well thought out, and will return you to 100% stock. If you don't want to root then stop at the end of stage 1.
Heres the link: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/563443-guide-how-flash-zv9-update-step-step.html

AndroidsMan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for the very hasty response. I should have mentioned that I do not want to unroot, the only reason I need to is because I can't access the programming menu to activate the phone (So I can get my service up). So although I am unrooting, as soon as i get my service up I will be rooting it once again. Im a bit confused with that simplified root guide, if i follow that will it install the froyo rom you mentioned?

Last edited:

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the zv9 update is the easiest way to return to stock 2.2.2 (Froyo), it will have the activation app, and the programming menu needed to activate the phone.
I would only do that if you have a computer, if you do have a computer then there will be no rooting problems.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=5.0[/URL

Here is a froyo based rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
+1 adamhos has the right idea, if all you need is the stock programing menu there's no need to unroot any of our froyo roms should do the trick. Rhode rom was made specifically for this purpose, harmonia and bumblebee should also do what you need. Good luck and if you have more questions post Em up ;)

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol