1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If you have a custom rom, are you able to update with LG Mobile Support Tool.

I was wanting to make sure so then I don't end up bricking my phone to where I wouldn't be able to recover it. As I only know how to use the system recovery and not the adb prompts or whatever they are to get things going. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: If you have a custom rom, are you able to update with LG Mobile Support Tool.

Update what with that LG software? There's no official updates for the ov

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: If you have a custom rom, are you able to update with LG Mobile Support Tool.

I mean the lg update tool here is a link: just scroll down and then you will see: LG Mobile support tool. It is for upgrading firmware for the phone.

Yes you would be able to use LGNPST to unbrick your phone, Sammyz and I worked for a long time to fix the zv4 and zv5 cab files, they now work. But he made an easier way to unbrick that will not ruin your data connection. Heres the link: [GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]
    For future reference, All root related questions should be asked in the root sub-forum.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Phatninja55 View Post
    Yes you would be able to use LGNPST to unbrick your phone, Sammyz and I worked for a long time to fix the zv4 and zv5 cab files, they now work. But he made an easier way to unbrick that will not ruin your data connection. Heres the link: [GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]
    For future reference, All root related questions should be asked in the root sub-forum.
    This isn't entirely accurate lgnpst with the unaltered cab files works fine if your not bricked. The problem came when using the bin from e-mode. It won't restore any nvitems. Using it from any other mode lgnpst makes a backup .nvs file that is restored after the firmware update. To use lgnpst you'll need the VM670.dll file its in the archives.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware