Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Thanks for the walk through. You're going to make a three year old very happy and the envy of all her cousins.

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    This also happened to my w900 or so called sk-s150 right now. My stupidity i forcely restart the phone and back to its factory settings. I tried to download phone.apk of ics and copied it to sd card. but it didn't install. Can you help me with this?

    Many thanks in advance
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes it will but at the same time the device could end up in repeating FC's from the missing Phone.apk.
    This is exactly whats happening to my w900 or so called sk-s150 right now. My stupidity i forcely restart the phone and back to its factory settings. I tried to download phone.apk of ics and copied it to sd card. but it didn't install. Can you help me with this? I can't use my phone, it's stuck in welcome screen. the only way i can access my phone is thru the advanced boot options.

    Many thanks in advance
  4. #29  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: Phone apk

    I'm not familiar with that phone (this is the vm optimus v forum). Do you have a custom recovery? Custom rom? Can you restore a nandroid backup or flash a new rom?
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by w900cnsD View Post
    This is exactly whats happening to my w900 or so called sk-s150 right now. My stupidity i forcely restart the phone and back to its factory settings. I tried to download phone.apk of ics and copied it to sd card. but it didn't install. Can you help me with this? I can't use my phone, it's stuck in welcome screen. the only way i can access my phone is thru the advanced boot options.

    Many thanks in advance
    You would have to use a root access file manager like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer and allow read/write access (via settings of app) to /system/ level.

    Take the phone.apk and copy and paste it into /system/app/

    Then using ES File Explorer, etc. bring up the properties of Phone.apk and set the permissions to rw- r-- r--
    Save and reboot the device. That should work to bring back your Phone.apk, working phone again without FC's.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  6. #31  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You would have to use a root access file manager like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer and allow read/write access (via settings of app) to /system/ level.

    Take the phone.apk and copy and paste it into /system/app/

    Then using ES File Explorer, etc. bring up the properties of Phone.apk and set the permissions to rw- r-- r--
    Save and reboot the device. That should work to bring back your Phone.apk, working phone again without FC's.
    Hi guru,

    When i use the CWM recovery and install zip from sdcard option, it doesn't continue installing. If i go to the interface of my cherry mobile w900 since I resetted it to factory settings it stuck on th welcome screen of w900. When I click on the android picture to continue it doesn't run.
    I'm really in need of help. In addition, phone.apk was deleted from the root explorer. it means that i can still be able to recover that file?
    thanks guru
    Last edited by w900cnsD; 02-05-2013 at 08:09 PM.
  7. #32  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Sorry, I don't know enough about your phone to help you. You might want to find a forum dedicated to that device. I'm sure other people with your phone have had similar issues and would know how to fix it. It seems like you did a factory reset on a rooted phone, a problem that more than a few optimus v owners ran into. If you had an ov, i would tell you to flash a new rom, or restore a nandroid. If your installs are failing i'd suggest trying a different rom, or maybe you got a bad download. If your recovery can't flash any roms correctly, you might want to try to flash a new recovery. I don't know if there are cwm flashable recoveries for your phone. Also, i don't like to flash a recovery without a working rom. You can fix a recovery from the rom and fix a rom from recovery, but if you break them both then you are in trouble. That should be a last resort.

    I wish i knew more about your phone to help. I'm not sure how you found this thread, but it was about taking an optimus v and removing the phone function so it could be given to a kid to use as an mp3 player.

    Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Sorry, I don't know enough about your phone to help you. You might want to find a forum dedicated to that device. I'm sure other people with your phone have had similar issues and would know how to fix it. It seems like you did a factory reset on a rooted phone, a problem that more than a few optimus v owners ran into. If you had an ov, i would tell you to flash a new rom, or restore a nandroid. If your installs are failing i'd suggest trying a different rom, or maybe you got a bad download. If your recovery can't flash any roms correctly, you might want to try to flash a new recovery. I don't know if there are cwm flashable recoveries for your phone. Also, i don't like to flash a recovery without a working rom. You can fix a recovery from the rom and fix a rom from recovery, but if you break them both then you are in trouble. That should be a last resort.

    I wish i knew more about your phone to help. I'm not sure how you found this thread, but it was about taking an optimus v and removing the phone function so it could be given to a kid to use as an mp3 player.

    Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for the reply!
    First what is "ov" do you have a link to download on how to install a new rom or restore a nandroid. this have a cwm recovery but not working anymore it stuck in advance option boot. i can't reinstall the cwm tool because my cherry w900 can't continue to load until the interface. so it is stuck in welcome screen.
  9. #34  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Phone apk

    What is the actual retail name of your phone.
    That's the forum you need to go to, unless there is no forum. In that case you would need to give us a whole lot more info on your phone for us to even begin thinking about helping.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Sorry Mods and gurus there is no forum for my "Cherry Mobile w900 this is same unit of sk-s150 from korea"
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by w900cnsD View Post
    Sorry Mods and gurus there is no forum for my "Cherry Mobile w900 this is same unit of sk-s150 from korea"
    Ohhhh you need gangnam lol

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post
    Ohhhh you need gangnam lol

    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
    LOL it's trending here!!
  13. #38  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Edit: Need to quit posting late at night/early morning.
    It seems my brain is pretty dead.
    Thanks upconvert for catching the flaws in my post.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 02-06-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Thanked by:
  14. #39  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: Phone apk

    They can't get their current ROM to boot, so root explorer is out. Adb might work, I guess.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  15. #40  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Phone apk

    w900cnsD:
    Is the recovery you have installed the only custom recovery for your phone?
    Could you link us to the site you got it from, and any others that might work with your phone?


    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  16. #41  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    w900cnsD:
    Is the recovery you have installed the only custom recovery for your phone?
    Could you link us to the site you got it from, and any others that might work with your phone?


    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    No, it's only for the optimus v (ov). I've been googling your phone, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of development for it. Maybe there's more on Korean sites? I found an old thread on xda, but it doesn't seem like it would help.

    Maybe this is a custom ROM?



    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  17. #42  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Wow! Good find. This might be the place for him to go for sure.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  18. #43  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Wow! Good find. This might be the place for him to go for sure.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    It's hard to tell, idk what language that is.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  19. #44  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Phone apk

    Tagolag/Phillipino is what it looks like to me. Was there in 1983-4

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    upconvert likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. will freezing phone.apk help me? im deaf
    By Duby1186 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 03:58 PM
  2. problem with phone.apk
    By church in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
  3. Phone.apk with voicemail and forward call settings
    By mmarz in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM
  4. Phone.apk vs. Dialer.apk
    By big_limits in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM
  5. Phone app still there after removing phone.apk
    By liz4tin in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

B