Best ext script?

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I like to have a lot of apps and so also need use of a script or app to move stuff to sd-ext. I have used Link2sd quite a bit, but it eventually allows app folder to fill up even though I still have a lot of space in sd-ext. S2e seems to allow more use of the exr space, but once I install a bunch of apps I start getting the "Application not installed" message. So does anyone have suggestions (other than the 2 I mentioned) for making full use of ext space?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Meaning that adding this option after the fact (via an app like s2e or Link2sd) is not as reliable? What script does magpie use?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Meaning that adding this option after the fact (via an app like s2e or Link2sd) is not as reliable? What script does magpie use?

Maggie does not use a script, it's built into the framework of the ROM. You can check out A2SDX here, it's the same script that OM-Mandylion uses.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What did you like about each?

From the user's perspective they are fairly equivalent. They both free up tons of internal space, and once they are installed, you don't have to give them another thought. There may be speed differences, but I didn't notice them. I have found that the best way to implement them is to copy the script into the init.d folder of the .zip for a rom, and then flash it. You could also use a root explorer type app to copy the script into your current ROMs init.d folder and set the permissions, but I feel like the first method is cleaner.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
From the user's perspective they are fairly equivalent. They both free up tons of internal space, and once they are installed, you don't have to give them another thought. There may be speed differences, but I didn't notice them. I have found that the best way to implement them is to copy the script into the init.d folder of the .zip for a rom, and then flash it. You could also use a root explorer type app to copy the script into your current ROMs init.d folder and set the permissions, but I feel like the first method is cleaner.

So I would expand, but not unzip the ROM. Drop the unzipped script into int. d folder. Close the ROM zip. Then flash the ROM? Assuming it is a ROM that does not already have something built in (like Magpie).

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I would expand, but not unzip the ROM. Drop the unzipped script into int. d folder. Close the ROM zip. Then flash the ROM? Assuming it is a ROM that does not already have something built in (like Magpie).

Exactly. Sometimes you have to experiment to figure out which scripts to remove, and which to use. A2sd worked on paranoid android, but int2ext didn't.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Sometimes you have to experiment to figure out which scripts to remove, and which to use. A2sd worked on paranoid android, but int2ext didn't.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

I figured out the scripts you linked to are flashable zips. I flashed the a2sd++ on Gimgersnap 2 and so far it's working beautifully. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Phone would not "wake up" this morning after above install. Had to pull the battery and restart and everything was very slow. Went back tp Gimgersnap w/o the script, but may try again this weekend. I may be trying to install too many apps....

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the scripts you linked to are flashable zips. I flashed the a2sd++ on Gimgersnap 2 and so far it's working beautifully. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Phone would not "wake up" this morning after above install. Had to pull the battery and restart and everything was very slow. Went back tp Gimgersnap w/o the script, but may try again this weekend. I may be trying to install too many apps....

It can get wonky if you already have apps installed. I have put the scripts (taken from those flashable scripts) into the gingersnap zip, and then flashed it fresh, and it worked perfectly.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It can get wonky if you already have apps installed. I have put the scripts (taken from those flashable scripts) into the gingersnap zip, and then flashed it fresh, and it worked perfectly.

I'll try that next. Thanks.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I reflashed Gsnap 2 and flashed a2sd++ on top of it and then reinstalled all apps from backup. Things were a little laggy and slow here and there, but after letting it settle in a bit it got better. I also flashed amphetamines after restoring apps and that seemed to help some as well. I am going to keep running this set up for a while and see how it goes. It's cool to keep installing apps and not see the system fill up hardly at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood