How Do I Install CAI?

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing all these posts about people being able to flash CAI but I haven't seen any clear instructions on how to install it. I just tried doing it myself and I kept getting an error when trying to install from the Alpha 19 I believe it was. I just need clear instructions on how to install it. Thanks guys.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Make a backup.
Wipe everything.
Flash rom.
Flash gapps.
Flash virgin patch.
Boot up.
Exit setup.
Go to settings, performance, a2sd settings and enable a2sd (assuming you have a partitioned SD card).
Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks guys.Also, do I need to have a certain recovery and partition my 8b sd card a certain way? I'm currenrly using COT v202 and I partitoned my sd card using that with 1gb and 64kb swap size i believe.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
You should be ready to flash. Just download from the CAI thread in the OptiS forum and you should be well on your way to cool, well supported CM9 goodness.

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Alright. I keep getting an error every time I try to flash the ROM. I'm going to repartition my SD card, hopefully that works.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What's the error? If it persists, you could try a different recovery. I know I have flashed the rom with BobZ cwm and theKraven's twrp.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright. I keep getting an error every time I try to flash the ROM. I'm going to repartition my SD card, hopefully that works.

Update to cot 2.1
2.0.2 had an assert problem I think with cai

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I found COT 2.1 as an img file. How do I flash img files? Or better yet, is there a COT 2.1 zip file?

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be in img file and to flash I'm not sure I haven't flashed this recovery, I use bobzhomes iho recovery and I flashed CAI with it, to flash a recovery I think it's an apk called "flash image gui"

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think i've seen a flashable zip of cot. I know there's one for twrp, also from theKraven. Idk if cot will flash it. That might be your best bet.

That being said, you probably don't have a working rom on there now, since your installation failed. You may want to flash another rom, just in case you bork your recovery, it will be way easier to fix if you have a working rom.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was able to flash COT 2.1 using flash image gui. Then I installed CAI. I am happy. I just need to find an Xperia S ICS theme and I am good to go. Thanks guys.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the VM patch? I installed TWRP, CAI latest version, but can't find a working patch. With the ones floating around, the phone won't come out of CM9 boot animation.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the VM patch? I installed TWRP, CAI latest version, but can't find a working patch. With the ones floating around, the phone won't come out of CM9 boot animation.

2nd post of the cai thread

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

The rom should still boot without the patch, at least it did on previous versions. Did you format everything in twrp, system, data, sd-ext, cache, and dalvik?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc