Confused about the ZV9 update

ebrown761

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
last night i flashed my phone the ZV9 update coming from ZV5, using bobs recovery, i checked at this point and under baseband version it read VM670ZV9. then i changed the recovery to COT, and flashed rom CAI and now under baseband version its says VM670ZV5, now is that what it should say or what?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
last night i flashed my phone the ZV9 update coming from ZV5, using bobs recovery, i checked at this point and under baseband version it read VM670ZV9. then i changed the recovery to COT, and flashed rom CAI and now under baseband version its says VM670ZV5, now is that what it should say or what?

You need to flash again. You flashed once from bobz that's good. You then let it boot. Turn off and boot to recovery it should be stock at this point and flash again with stock recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jermmkay

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been meaning to do the update as well. Can you link me to where you got it? Is it just a zip file or something? Or is it way more complex?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been meaning to do the update as well. Can you link me to where you got it? Is it just a zip file or something? Or is it way more complex?

If you can pull up The virgin mobile page(I think through "My account" page you can) you can get the official download and do it that way.

ebrown761

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
when I was trying to install the update the other day I found allot of dead-links both here and over at virgin. So there was only one site still with directions and the active download links it's over at androidforums, and don't miss steps 6 and 7 like i did. And i know some say it's not worth it and all that but i say it couldn't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs