Compiling a new rom
Hello Optimus V users,
We've all been waiting a while for a port of the newer Icysnap 1.3 , and TGL is taking a while, so I decided to port and share Icysnap 1.3 with the community!
Icybob is Icysnap 1.3 with BobZ cm9 as a base
Sorry to say, but I don't allow porting of my ROMs...please take it down.
Your welcomed to build from source...everything to build my CM9 is public on my github: https://github.com/BobZhome
Status: working on compiling bob's cm9.. almost done...camera error..
- 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM #2
- 12-14-2012, 03:41 PM #4
- 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM #6
- 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM #8
Re: IcyBob v1.0
You should wipe it all to be safe. dalvik, cache, data, and system , and since bob has ext support, create a ext (ext4 works) and wipe that partition to. If you are running TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP), it has the ability to create a ext3 or 4 and a swap.The point of creating one is to move apps off the internal memory so you can install lots of apps without running out of space. If it runs slow after moving apps to the sd card, then you may want to download SDbooster, and increase the sd cache to a higher number like 2048, or go extreme and set it to 4096, lol. The huge class 10 cards work better with a super high number.
- 12-15-2012, 08:11 AM #10
- 12-15-2012, 10:57 AM #12
- 486 Posts
- Cold as Ice
- 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM #13
- 12-16-2012, 12:22 AM #15Guess whos coming back!
Re: bob said no.
I'm having a problem with git and repo. I keep getting a manifest error
fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
fatal: manifest default.xml not found
when using the command:
repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc_VM670.git -b ics
- 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM #17Guess whos coming back!
Re: bob said no.
Thanks for that rm command. I have never seen it on any forums or google of any kind. I guess you're expected to know to rm the .repo directory. Anyway now I'm back on track.
- - - Updated - - -
;D Nothing like a hp workstation with 2 separate Quadcore processors, I'm compiling in Virtualbox.
- 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM #19
- By CHT in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM
- By Jeremy in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
- By Jeremy in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
- By pbrennan42 in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
- By pbrennan42 in forum Android AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM