Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LaFlamme
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cm7 Google play issues

My Google play wont let me instal ANY apps. I always get errors when downloading or invalid package errors.that changes when I switch ROMs. Im oon cm7.2 iho bte

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Cm7 Google play issues

Me too. Just reinstalled latest Mirage 7.2 after getting this problem on an old build. All worked fine for about a week. Now I get 'Package File is Invalid'.
    I have wiped cache and dalvik cache. Cleared data from nearly all google related programs, uninstalled updates to play store and none of these help.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Did you delete your google account and readd it?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes I did. I deleted data, account uninstalled and reinstalled and reflashed many times. Still does the same

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

The dreaded "package file is invalid" error, how I loathe it. I always find away around it, but it seems no solution works twice in a row. Lately, deleting "Google Play Services" does the trick, most likely because it frees up space somewhere. Occasionally, I'll just delete one of the bigger apps stored internally. That often does the tric, and I can reinstall the app with Titanium later with no problems. Very irksome error, this one. Sometimes clearing cache and Dalvik is enough to fix it. Deleting 01mvdalvik from system/etc/init.d did the trick on one occasion. Some people swear that partitioning the SD card will end the package file error for good, others say it will not. If anyone finds a clear solution, I'd love to hear it.
    MKornelis likes this.

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamme View Post
    The dreaded "package file is invalid" error, how I loathe it. I always find away around it, but it seems no solution works twice in a row. Lately, deleting "Google Play Services" does the trick, most likely because it frees up space somewhere. Occasionally, I'll just delete one of the bigger apps stored internally. That often does the tric, and I can reinstall the app with Titanium later with no problems. Very irksome error, this one. Sometimes clearing cache and Dalvik is enough to fix it. Deleting 01mvdalvik from system/etc/init.d did the trick on one occasion. Some people swear that partitioning the SD card will end the package file error for good, others say it will not. If anyone finds a clear solution, I'd love to hear it.

While I don't have any proof, I have come to believe that the package file invalid error comes to be when any of the Cache partitions are full.
    The one at fault 90% of the time? Dalvik cache.
    When you install an app, there becomes a file in the Dalvik cache that always has to be there. When you install enough apps, the Dalvik cache fills up and even when wiped, will repopulate with all the cache files from installed .apks.
    What I did:
    I used the A2SD++ which moves Cache, Dalvik Cache, apps, and apps private to the SD-ext.
    This eliminated 100% of the errors for me.
    It's all about giving the Dalvik cache enough room for your installed apps.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Locool676 View Post
    While I don't have any proof, I have come to believe that the package file invalid error comes to be when any of the Cache partitions are full.
    The one at fault 90% of the time? Dalvik cache.
    When you install an app, there becomes a file in the Dalvik cache that always has to be there. When you install enough apps, the Dalvik cache fills up and even when wiped, will repopulate with all the cache files from installed .apks.
    What I did:
    I used the A2SD++ which moves Cache, Dalvik Cache, apps, and apps private to the SD-ext.
    This eliminated 100% of the errors for me.
    It's all about giving the Dalvik cache enough room for your installed apps.
    If you don't mind could you tell me what script you used and how to use it?

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Quote Originally Posted by sneakysnake16 View Post
    If you don't mind could you tell me what script you used and how to use it?

Create a ~2gb Ext3 partition on your SD card, do a full wipe on the phone (/data,/cache,/dalvik/, everything except SD) then flash ROM, boot once, then flash A2SD++

A2SD++ on XDA-Devs