Cm7 Google play issues

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My Google play wont let me instal ANY apps. I always get errors when downloading or invalid package errors.that changes when I switch rom's. Im oon cm7.2 iho bte

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

MKornelis

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Me too. Just reinstalled latest Mirage 7.2 after getting this problem on an old build. All worked fine for about a week. Now I get 'Package File is Invalid'.
I have wiped cache and dalvik cache. Cleared data from nearly all google related programs, uninstalled updates to play store and none of these help.

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did. :) I deleted data, account uninstalled and reinstalled and reflashed many times. Still does the same

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The dreaded "package file is invalid" error, how I loathe it. I always find away around it, but it seems no solution works twice in a row. Lately, deleting "Google Play Services" does the trick, most likely because it frees up space somewhere. Occasionally, I'll just delete one of the bigger apps stored internally. That often does the tric, and I can reinstall the app with Titanium later with no problems. Very irksome error, this one. Sometimes clearing cache and Dalvik is enough to fix it. Deleting 01mvdalvik from system/etc/init.d did the trick on one occasion. Some people swear that partitioning the SD card will end the package file error for good, others say it will not. If anyone finds a clear solution, I'd love to hear it.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The dreaded "package file is invalid" error, how I loathe it. I always find away around it, but it seems no solution works twice in a row. Lately, deleting "Google Play Services" does the trick, most likely because it frees up space somewhere. Occasionally, I'll just delete one of the bigger apps stored internally. That often does the tric, and I can reinstall the app with Titanium later with no problems. Very irksome error, this one. Sometimes clearing cache and Dalvik is enough to fix it. Deleting 01mvdalvik from system/etc/init.d did the trick on one occasion. Some people swear that partitioning the SD card will end the package file error for good, others say it will not. If anyone finds a clear solution, I'd love to hear it.

While I don't have any proof, I have come to believe that the package file invalid error comes to be when any of the Cache partitions are full.
The one at fault 90% of the time? Dalvik cache.
When you install an app, there becomes a file in the Dalvik cache that always has to be there. When you install enough apps, the Dalvik cache fills up and even when wiped, will repopulate with all the cache files from installed .apks.
What I did:
I used the A2SD++ which moves Cache, Dalvik Cache, apps, and apps private to the SD-ext.
This eliminated 100% of the errors for me.
It's all about giving the Dalvik cache enough room for your installed apps.

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have any proof, I have come to believe that the package file invalid error comes to be when any of the Cache partitions are full.
The one at fault 90% of the time? Dalvik cache.
When you install an app, there becomes a file in the Dalvik cache that always has to be there. When you install enough apps, the Dalvik cache fills up and even when wiped, will repopulate with all the cache files from installed .apks.
What I did:
I used the A2SD++ which moves Cache, Dalvik Cache, apps, and apps private to the SD-ext.
This eliminated 100% of the errors for me.
It's all about giving the Dalvik cache enough room for your installed apps.

If you don't mind could you tell me what script you used and how to use it?