Can't access anything but CWM Recovery v4.0.1.5

MacPhist0

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I feel terrible for making this thread, but I've spent about 8 hours trying to read all the guides and other threads. I bought my Optimus V with the phone in this state, which I now think was my first mistake. I've never owned an Android but I did a quick search and assumed it'd be easy to get the phone out of this state. WRONG. I'm at the point now where I feel like a complete baffoon and want to run into many walls. I think maybe I'm experiencing an information overload and could use your help. Due to that overload, I may have mixed up my information so I apologize in advance.

So, turning on the phone results in it going to the CWM Recovery menu without me pressing the home/vol down/power button. If I read correctly, Xionia_CWMA_12518.6 or Open Touch need to be installed from my SD card because they have the ability to stop this. After many tries, I managed to get a Xionia zip to show up but it ends up aborting the installation.

I do have the ADB thing on my computer but had no success with that. If there's anything I forgot to mention(I'm sure I did) let me know.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all, Merry Christmas;)
If cwm is working fine and has the option(s) to full wipe, install zip, etc. You Should be fine.
Download 1 of the ROMS of your choice 1 way or another and then justput it on you SD
Install zip from SD & you should be good to go. then afterwards, you can always install another recovery version if you like.
Use the mount USB option to put the zip on your card.

MacPhist0

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
It worked!!!!! AGGHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH. Have a Merry Christmas!

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. haha It said the installation worked and then to reboot. It went back the recovery after I rebooted.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
In xionia and cot, there should be an option under advanced or something like that. Choose fix recovery bootloop. Or try the commands manually below.

If you can get adb going

Try these commands: These are the xionia recovery bootloop fix commands.
Code:
adb shell erase_image misc
 adb shell erase_image persist
 adb reboot recovery

If that don't work try these adb commands. from http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...st-boot-loop-issues-caused-factory-reset.html

Code:
adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

MacPhist0

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
In xionia and cot, there should be an option under advanced or something like that. Choose fix recovery bootloop. Or try the commands manually below.

If you can get adb going

Try these commands: These are the xionia recovery bootloop fix commands.
Code:
adb shell erase_image misc
 adb shell erase_image persist
 adb reboot recovery

If that don't work try these adb commands. from http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...st-boot-loop-issues-caused-factory-reset.html

Code:
adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

Tried the first set. The phone rebooted when I did the last line but it still went to the recovery menu.

The second set said "/sbin/sh: flash_eraseall: not found"

Just re-read your post. I don't have Xionia installed. Harmonia_2.09 is what I was able to install. Xionia still results in this :

-- Installing: /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
That last line is supposed to reboot to the recovery.

To reboot to the system, use
adb reboot

And to install that recovery, you need to choose Install zip from sdcard option to flash. Not the apply update.zip

Ceeb Vaj

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you specify the steps you took to get this to work? I'm in the same boat. I didn't know that I should not do a "factory reset" until it was too late. I've read many guides but they all do not make 100% sense. If you could post your step by step process to get this to work, it would be much appreciated!

MacPhist0

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Can you specify the steps you took to get this to work? I'm in the same boat. I didn't know that I should not do a "factory reset" until it was too late. I've read many guides but they all do not make 100% sense. If you could post your step by step process to get this to work, it would be much appreciated!

1. Download a ROM
2. Place that ROM on your SD card
3. Use the "Install ZIP from SD card" option from ClockWork Recovery
4. Open up ADB and type in the command "adb reboot"(without the quotation marks, of course) and your phone should start up.

Let me know if you need any more specifics.