Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By codyahiggins
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Hello,

    Running MiRaGe 07302012 build and kernel
    Android 2.3.7 version
    VM670ZV4 baseband

    Everything was going great and all of a sudden in the Play Store it won't download apps. When I try I get an error message, it says "(app name) could not be downloaded due to an error. (498)"

    Please help. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    bjzapp's Avatar
    Where did u hear tht word

    Posts
    363 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    I just tried downloading an app....same deal...probably the server is down or having a brain fart!
    Try waiting 10 minutes and try again
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    I just tried downloading an app....same deal...probably the server is down or having a brain fart!
    Try waiting 10 minutes and try again
    I've been actually trying for a couple weeks now. Finally just got around to post this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by checcles View Post
    I've been actually trying for a couple weeks now. Finally just got around to post this.
    Have you tried clearing data and cache

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    That's funny. I was just Googling this a few minutes ago. I have thee same problem. It could be the size of the app. I can't download anything larger than 6MB. It could be because of the size of the cache partition in the phone. At least that's what I read.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    Have you tried clearing data and cache

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Nope. Do I have to do that through Clockwork?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    No just go to manage apps under system settings and go to the playstore app and there will be options to wipe data and wipe cache

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    No just go to manage apps under system settings and go to the playstore app and there will be options to wipe data and wipe cache

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Hmm... Still didn't work. Any other thoughts guys? Thanks.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Try uninstalling play store updates

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    Try uninstalling play store updates

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    That uninstalled my play store completely so I tried an apk from the internet and it still shows the "replace system application" screen when I try to install it. So how do I fix that?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by codyahiggins View Post
    That uninstalled my play store completely so I tried an apk from the internet and it still shows the "replace system application" screen when I try to install it. So how do I fix that?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    That should've not happened, check if you have an app called market

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    That should've not happened, check if you have an app called market

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Nope. No Market. When I uninstalled it, it said Uninstall Updates

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    And I think I can't install apks separately without the Play Store because I'm not able to install anything.!

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by codyahiggins; 12-30-2012 at 09:08 PM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Try installing it from the gapps

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    Try installing it from the gapps

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Do I wipe only cache and dalvik-cache?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Yea

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Yay it worked. Muchos gracias.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    _alexkta likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by codyahiggins View Post
    Yay it worked. Muchos gracias.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    You're welcomed lol

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,161 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Note: I have Root Uninstaller on my phone. It makes a backup in it's .apk form of every app I install onto my phone ( I currently have 240 good .apk's saved in the root uninstaller folder). Backups are stored on the SD card. The .apk's I don't want to keep I have to personally delete.
    This means if I mess up and don't have the PlayStore all I have to do is copy the .apk from off the SD card ( I just saved the contents of SD card to my computer so it makes it even easier) and put it in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder. Then I install from a command line with:
    adb install (exact full name of .apk).
    It's that simple.
    It is also handy when you get an update of a good app, but the update is all messed up. Just install old version that was saved to SD card.
    This won't work to install the vending.apk (PlayStore) through as it needs to be installed onto system. That's a whole nother thread indeed.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 01-03-2013 at 10:18 PM.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Note: I have Root Uninstaller on my phone. It makes a backup in it's .apk form of every app I install onto my phone ( I currently have 240 good .apk's saved in the root uninstaller folder). Backups are stored on the SD card. The .apk's I don't want to keep I have to personally delete.
    This means if I mess up and don't have the PlayStore all I have to do is copy the .apk from off the SD card ( I just saved the contents of SD card to my computer so it makes it even easier) and put it in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder. Then I install from a command line with:
    adb install (exact full name of .apk).
    It's that simple.
    This won't work to install the vending.apk (PlayStore) through as it needs to be installed onto system. That's a whole nother thread indeed.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Titanium backup is also good for people that don't use adb, I always make a backup on every system app before i delete it modify it

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,161 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

    If you don't have the PlayStore app with a new ROM or internet service there's no way to get Titanium Backup on the phone unless you use ADB. If you didn't save the .apk's using Root Uninstaller or it's non rooted counter part AppTyrant then there is no way to install Titanium Backup using ADB.
    This is of course a worst case scenario. I just posted so members can prepare in case it does. Actually happened to me, not to long ago, which is how I know it works.
    I first tried to use the apps from /data/data, but that didn't work. Only the .apk's saved with Root Uninstaller worked.
    The backups Titanium Backup makes are tar.gz not .apk's



    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 01-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Help - all of a sudden my computer can't see my SG3
    By ihbsbA in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 11:13 PM
  2. I can't load Launcher Pro all of a sudden.
    By cerebralcow in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
  3. Getting loads of force closes all of a sudden
    By PaulQ in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 11:19 PM
  4. All of a sudden, Google Calendar app has disappeared...
    By MegaSoundwave76 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM
  5. Camera button Issues all of a sudden?
    By ridavid81 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

B