All of a sudden can't get apps?!?!

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Running MiRaGe 07302012 build and kernel
Android 2.3.7 version
VM670ZV4 baseband

Everything was going great and all of a sudden in the Play Store it won't download apps. When I try I get an error message, it says "(app name) could not be downloaded due to an error. (498)"

Please help. Thanks!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I just tried downloading an app....same deal...probably the server is down or having a brain fart!
Try waiting 10 minutes and try again;)

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. I was just Googling this a few minutes ago. I have thee same problem. It could be the size of the app. I can't download anything larger than 6MB. It could be because of the size of the cache partition in the phone. At least that's what I read.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No just go to manage apps under system settings and go to the playstore app and there will be options to wipe data and wipe cache

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling play store updates

That uninstalled my play store completely so I tried an apk from the internet and it still shows the "replace system application" screen when I try to install it. So how do I fix that?

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That uninstalled my play store completely so I tried an apk from the internet and it still shows the "replace system application" screen when I try to install it. So how do I fix that?

That should've not happened, check if you have an app called market

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
And I think I can't install apks separately without the Play Store because I'm not able to install anything.!

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Note: I have Root Uninstaller on my phone. It makes a backup in it's .apk form of every app I install onto my phone ( I currently have 240 good .apk's saved in the root uninstaller folder). Backups are stored on the SD card. The .apk's I don't want to keep I have to personally delete.
This means if I mess up and don't have the PlayStore all I have to do is copy the .apk from off the SD card ( I just saved the contents of SD card to my computer so it makes it even easier) and put it in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder. Then I install from a command line with:
adb install (exact full name of .apk).
It's that simple.
It is also handy when you get an update of a good app, but the update is all messed up. Just install old version that was saved to SD card.
This won't work to install the vending.apk (PlayStore) through as it needs to be installed onto system. That's a whole nother thread indeed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Note: I have Root Uninstaller on my phone. It makes a backup in it's .apk form of every app I install onto my phone ( I currently have 240 good .apk's saved in the root uninstaller folder). Backups are stored on the SD card. The .apk's I don't want to keep I have to personally delete.
This means if I mess up and don't have the PlayStore all I have to do is copy the .apk from off the SD card ( I just saved the contents of SD card to my computer so it makes it even easier) and put it in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder. Then I install from a command line with:
adb install (exact full name of .apk).
It's that simple.
This won't work to install the vending.apk (PlayStore) through as it needs to be installed onto system. That's a whole nother thread indeed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Titanium backup is also good for people that don't use adb, I always make a backup on every system app before i delete it modify it