Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By _alexkta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM-HELP] CM10.1 JB charging issue

Hello all, I'm trying to use CM 10.1 but I keep having a charging issue. I was just wondering if anyone had found a valid and permanent solution to this problem?

Sent from the CIA, Android department.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: [ROM-HELP] CM10.1 JB charging issue

Quote Originally Posted by itzpremix View Post
    Hello all, I'm trying to use CM 10.1 but I keep having a charging issue. I was just wondering if anyone had found a valid and permanent solution to this problem?

Can you describe the charging issue in a little more detail. Plugged into the computer, or the wall? Have you verified that the cable works? Can you transfer data? Are you using seller's cm10.1 or theKraven's? Do you think I would ask five questions in a row?

Edit: Sorry i got the name wrong.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Can you describe the charging issue in a little more detail. Plugged into the computer, or the wall? Have you verified that the cable works? Can you transfer data? Are you using thatguylurkin's cm10.1 or theKraven's? Do you think I would ask five questions in a row?
    Well, right now I can only plug it up to the wall and it's on every single ROM that runs jelly bean or ice cream sandwich. I have not tried transferring data from the computer to my phone yet but if you're wondering if the cord is fully functional, it is.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Can you describe the charging issue in a little more detail. Plugged into the computer, or the wall? Have you verified that the cable works? Can you transfer data? Are you using thatguylurkin's cm10.1 or theKraven's? Do you think I would ask five questions in a row?
    Thatguylurkins cm10.1?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

All of the ROMs here that are jb or ics. Including that one yes.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

All of the ROMs here that are jb or ics. Including that one yes.

I was talking to upconvert, thatguylurkin doesnt have a cm10.1. Anyways, this issue has been discussed multiple times, and there is no solution.

Guess whos coming back!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    I was talking to upconvert, thatguylurkin doesnt have a cm10.1. Anyways, this issue has been discussed multiple times, and there is no solution.

Well dang. I guess I'm stuck here on Gingerbread. In that case, what is the fastest, but latest GB ROM? I have the one that is featured in the "Simplified Root/ROM" Sticky which is 2.3.7. BACKside-IHO unofficial CM7.1
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Wait, do you think it might be the custom recovery I'm using? I'm using the CWM one that came featured in the Simplified Root/Recovery/ROM sticky thread.

Wait, do you think it might be the custom recovery I'm using? I'm using the CWM one that came featured in the Simplified Root/Recovery/ROM sticky thread.
    No its not the recovery I've used it many times before but I recently switched over to earthnfire78's recovery because its touch and very nice, and for roms I would choose Mirage or Earthnfire78's new CM7 rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    kenharkey7 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Oh I would love a touch-recovery... As long as it doesn't stray far away from what mine does. And yeah I'll look into those ROMs and see if there's a better one than what I got currently.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Check out om mandylion Rom it's the most current and his zen garden recovery which is touch

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    No its not the recovery I've used it many times before but I recently switched over to earthnfire78's recovery because its touch and very nice, and for roms I would choose Mirage or Earthnfire78's new CM7 rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    +1 ^
    The ZenGarden recovery is the best recovery for the V at this time. It will allow you to flash any ROM made for the V, and restore any backup, with the possible exception of those made in the Green recovery and those made in the early COT recovery.
    The MiRaGe is the best ROM without built in ext support. You can use Link2SD with it just fine.
    Earthnfires ROM is the best with ext support, but you must have an ext formatted partition on the SD card or it will fail to boot most times.
    The recovery makes an ext.3 formatted partition which works fine with the MiRaGe, Earthnfires ROM, and all ICS and Jellybean ROMs. Just make sure the partition is 1-2GB.
    Rule of thumb though is never have the partition larger than 10% of the actual usable space.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    +1 ^
    The ZenGarden recovery is the best recovery for the V at this time. It will allow you to flash any ROM made for the V, and restore any backup, with the possible exception of those made in the Green recovery and those made in the early COT recovery.
    The MiRaGe is the best ROM without built in ext support. You can use Link2SD with it just fine.
    Earthnfires ROM is the best with ext support, but you must have an ext formatted partition on the SD card or it will fail to boot most times.
    The recovery makes an ext.3 formatted partition which works fine with the MiRaGe, Earthnfires ROM, and all ICS and Jellybean ROMs. Just make sure the partition is 1-2GB.
    Rule of thumb though is never have the partition larger than 10% of the actual usable space.

CoT recovery is still alive a bit. there was an update December 1st 2012 on it for the V over on XDA, but then again, I'm sure you saw it already. :P

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    Thatguylurkins cm10.1?

Oh man sorry about that. I'm so bad with names. Really sorry.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    CoT recovery is still alive a bit. there was an update December 1st 2012 on it for the V over on XDA, but then again, I'm sure you saw it already. :P
    You gotta try the ZenGarden to believe it.
    Try it on old backups, old Froyo ROMs, old kernels, etc
    Then look at all the attention to detail that was put into it.

Good.