Maybe it's just me but this link has yet to work for me!!!
It says "There is no text on this page". Nobody else seems to say anything about this problem.
I am SICK AND TIRED OF NOT being able to properly use a ROM because they linked the gapps to the CM wiki. So, I was wondering. Since gapps stands for "Google Apps", can't I skip the process of installing it? I don't care much about installing things like Gmail, Voice, etc at the very first setup of the ROM. I can do that later. So why is gapps needed?
- 01-19-2013, 08:03 AM #2
- 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM #3
- 1,256 Posts
The reason is the vending.apk is a part of those Gapps. The vending.apk is the PlayStore. Also needed is the Google services framework.apk as well as a few other Google.apk's.
Most of the ROM threads from before the change haven't been updated. Those after, well....
.ask the developer of the ROM.
For Gingerbread ROMs you will need the 20110828 Gapps (either version)
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
- 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM #6
- 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM #7
- 01-19-2013, 09:35 AM #9
- 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM #10
- 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM #11
- By ndinfla in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM
- By Kage87Z in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 4Last Post: 02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
- By shaundiesel in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 21Last Post: 02-23-2011, 02:31 AM
- By BigRick10 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 09-20-2010, 07:45 AM
- By skipavm in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 05-03-2010, 04:00 PM