Just Rooted: Help me pick a ROM?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I need to get out more. Jellybean that actualy functions well?
Going to have to let the flash-a-holic in me out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Idk, I haven't tried yet. I'd assume it's spotty like most of the other ics and jb roms I've tried. I'll check it tonight.

sadielynn

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome info, thanks you guys :).

I'm now using ZenGarden recovery, love so far.
Flashed CAI-boot looped
Decided I used the wrong wipe option (it says *everything*, I was afraid it would wipe the SDcard!)
Correct wipe->flashed CAI again->success! ->reboot->Gapps->reboot->waiting lol, but loving what I've seen so far! Its like the best of Quattrimus CM9 & AKOP mashed together. (AKOP was..not performing well, but I loved the options etc).

Andy-Yes, I am still hanging on to the good ol' V....I really really really really want an LG Nexus, buuuut $300 is not exactly easy to come by, so here I sit. I love that there are still enough of us active in the community to make it worth hanging onto tho! Now WHAT is the deal with the MIUI port? I saw the link on Phandroid to the V4 I think it was, but the download link on the ROM's page was broken, then here I saw the MIUIgb or something, but that looks all but abandoned too...how broken is it? I've downloaded it but am reluctant to try it....but MIUI goodness is teeeeempting!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Listen to you now. You have become quite the ROM flash-a-holic.
Welcome to the club.

I'm pretty sure it got abandoned. Is the thread in the achive section?
I'm thinking it had problems, which would be why I don't have it on my phone or backed up at the least.

Remember the LeWa? Me and curious noob and a couple other members worked on it. I still have a good working Port on my Box account. The only bug I couldn't fix is screen off from power (I actually did but it lagged to much, so I went back to performance configuration of ROM and kernel mix). Have to do it from widget in pulldown. Run it for quite a while before getting bored with it. Lots of easy theme options. Can change look of icons and lockscreen/widgets with ease.

PS: The sd card format (wipes all data) option is in the mounts and storage section.
I usually run all wipe options in the wipe section once before flashing new ROM.
O.C.D. thing.

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Currently I'm using Illusion 2.3.7 from SamuraiDev.
I just got done leaving him a message informing them that the links for the rom don't appear
to be working so gotta wait for them to sort that out. But it's a good rom in my opinion. Definitely worth a go =) They also have a GS3ICS and XperiaICS rom.
Illusion is the only rom I've used recently that didn't lag or have audio delays when using netflix.
Not sure if it's my phone or the rom, but still. stopped when I used illusion lol Hope ya find a rom you like. later

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ks/222753-roms-peeps-cm7-cm9-samurai-dev.html

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Did I see right? You have a working version of the Netflix app? I thought Netflix found a way to bugger all previous versions, even the hacked ones. Do tell! Leave links if you can.

sadielynn

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Andy--lol. yes, i suppose I am, if 4 roms qualifies me for 'flash-a-holic' status :D I think I'll be sticking with CAI though-I'm in love! Its run pretty much flawlessly thus far, and faaaaast too! Although I partially attribute the speed to using fast reboot as per your suggestions in other threads (maybe in this one, idk). I had used it a looong time ago, but I tend to get a little addicted to it and figured I was using more battery with forcing the apps to restart themselves every time I fast rebooted...so I quit. But now I'm pretty sure most of the problems I was having with lagging and reboots was due to memory issues, which FR has completely fixed. Gotta say, I'm happier with my V than I have been in a long time :). Only issue I have is the Gapps that were recommend to use with CAI has an old version of the Play Store. Anyone want to save me some googling and point me in the direction of the newest Play Store apk?

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I made a post a while back about netflix. I asked if someone else could try and confirm what I had discovered to make sure it wasn't a fluke, because it completely got rid of the pixelation, lag, and made netflix run faster. I'm not savvy on code or what all the side effects are, and since my plan is up and I don't use the phone for calls, I don't know what affect it has on mobile data and all that. I just flashed the new illusion rom, got it all set, made a backup. Opened netflix=pixelated and lagging. I flashed a few tweaks I normally do.. no change to netflix. Now, just flashed what I believe fixed the netflix issues last time...

*running Netflix to see the results... drum roll*...

AHA! I was right! Netflix isn't pixelated or lagging now *does the "I win!" dance

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Netflix on the Play Store. Not a hack.

The tweak I used this time was TweakZV6 there's a link for that.
Original page here

That cleared up netflix. BUT, it's not the one I originally used that fixed it up. So that means there are two lol I was probably just ignorant about them and it's well known. damn my newbiness. But anyway. Make a back up. Don't want to be an ass if something goes wrong or there's a side effect I'm unaware of with it.

and this is the one I originally used that fixed the lag and all that. ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
And the page I got that from be right here

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Netflix on the Play Store. Not a hack.

The tweak I used this time was TweakZV6 there's a link for that.
Original page here

That cleared up netflix. BUT, it's not the one I originally used that fixed it up. So that means there are two lol I was probably just ignorant about them and it's well known. damn my newbiness. But anyway. Make a back up. Don't want to be an ass if something goes wrong or there's a side effect I'm unaware of with it.

and this is the one I originally used that fixed the lag and all that. ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
And the page I got that from be right here

If that patch is used on a zvd Rom it'll completely disable radio functions.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that, and is why others wouldn't even attempt to try it. I thought ti was odd that netflix improved. Either there's something in the patch, or my phone is just massively weird. I'm not tech savvy when it comes to phones, which is why I wanted to find someone willing to try it on a spare OV to make sure I'm not insane lol But anywho, not worth someone screwing their phone up =P

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that, and is why others wouldn't even attempt to try it. I thought ti was odd that netflix improved. Either there's something in the patch, or my phone is just massively weird. I'm not tech savvy when it comes to phones, which is why I wanted to find someone willing to try it on a spare OV to make sure I'm not insane lol But anywho, not worth someone screwing their phone up =P

Not really something to be scared to try.... If someone wants to.. It'll disable the radio if your on zvd based roms (all OV roms are) but you can then flash the zvj-zvd patch and bring it back.... Or just make a nandroid backup beforehand

Edit: also the patch you linked is for the Optimus S and will swap home & menu keys on the V

Here's a link to the same patches but made for the V
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=194211

Last edited:

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much for the info and link. I intent to try that patch to see if it has the affect on netflix. Just gonna make a backup and try it. Then I'll get back to ya =P nothing really important on my OV so I'll do it first. falling on my sword for the good of all OVarians lol

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Not really something to be scared to try.... If someone wants to.. It'll disable the radio if your on zvd based roms (all OV roms are) but you can then flash the zvj-zvd patch and bring it back.... Or just make a nandroid backup beforehand

Edit: also the patch you linked is for the Optimus S and will swap home & menu keys on the V

Here's a link to the same patches but made for the V
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=194211

Yep. Netflix was blah, then flashed the ZVJ to ZVD patch. The picture is perfect, the audio lag is like 99% gone, loading time of the video thumbnails decreased, and touch response is faster. MUHAHAHUAHAHA! IT'S ALIVE! ALIIIIIIIVE! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! ... Ahem.. Yes. it definitely does work.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Netflix was blah, then flashed the ZVJ to ZVD patch. The picture is perfect, the audio lag is like 99% gone, loading time of the video thumbnails decreased, and touch response is faster. MUHAHAHUAHAHA! IT'S ALIVE! ALIIIIIIIVE! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! ... Ahem.. Yes. it definitely does work.

Nothing wrong with the zvj-zvd patch but at first you said zvd-zvj that's the one that would disable radio

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
DeMoN_SoRrOwS:
Your info was very informative and helpuf. It is now in the All Things Root Guide sticky over at Android Forums
Thanks again