Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: factory reseted with clockwork mod recovery now stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop (im a noob)

First things first.
    See if you can get the phone into emergency mode the easy way.
    USB cable plugged into computer, but not phone (put it in the phone just enough to keep it from falling out, but not enough to apply power).
    Next hold the BACK+VOLUME DOWN button. Then while holding the other two you need to press the power button and insert the USB cable the rest of the way (all at the same time as the power button). It's kind of tricky, but can easily be done with a couple of tries.

If you don't see emergency mode on the screen let me know, there's a super secret method if that fails (hopfully it won't).

Edit: Almost forgot. The KDZ unbrick guide you need is ^ in the sticky section.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 01-29-2013 at 11:55 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: factory reseted with clockwork mod recovery now stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop (im a noob)

how would the kdz unbrick method work?

- - - Updated - - -

and if anyone is up for using that program that lets a user on a different computer control mine with like double UI I don't mind doing that
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

at this point, andy, you gave some great descriptive directions, but I don't think adb will recognize it; its pretty f***** up. I'd like to try with a clean slate on this kdz unbrick method because I think its bricked basically aside from the boot into cwmr. and if anyone is up for using that program that lets a user on a different computer control mine with like double UI I don't mind doing that

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

You have almost every thing you need for the KDZ unbrick method to work.
    In sammyz's guide there should be a download that has the rest.
    First see if you can get into emergency mode the easy way and let me know one way or the other.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

is emergency mode equal to recovery mode? I don't think I know how to get into that mode. does the battery have to die?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

and who is sammyz?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Sammyz is the one who wrote the kdz unbrick guide for the ov as well as fixed the firmware to work with kdz.

See if you can flash the zip version of, cot.

If it'll flash it has the fix boot loop option that should get you out of recovery mode. Also even if the fix boot loop option doesn't fix it. COT has the ports open to use lgnpst and the official cab to get to stock.

Edit: if im way off sorry I just kind of skimmed thru

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ok ill give this a try. so if I flash it correctly, what happens, where would the option be for "fix boot loop"?

ROM
    Changes Daily

flash it via recovery, reboot recovery, should land you in the COT recovery, fix boot loop(Cant remember what menu its under but its there). from there you'll either be able to boot into the last rom you flashed or you'll have to flash a new rom.

Edit: just noticed he moved the zip to its own thread. its the universal installer
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

another question for everyone: if its plugged into an outlet and its in cwmr, is it even receiving charge?

ROM
    Changes Daily

yes. it still should be receiveing charge in recovery. some recoveries have a guage in them even.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

if I go to "install .zip from sd card, I can hit "choose from sd card" and select this cannibal image .zip or whatever but the zipped file does not show up. There is not any plain "recovery" option. am I doing this wrong?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

ignore that. it loaded but I did the thing for an lg optimus s. I tried scrolling down it wouldn't let me. I tried hitting the back button but that confirmed it. what now?

ROM
    Changes Daily

was that with the first link or the 2nd one? the file you need should be a .zip file named COT-Installer-Optimus-v2.1-signed.zip
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

it was the second 1 after the edit. I tried it after the frst link.it was in .zip and it worked but I did it for an optimus s. will that screw things up or no?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by William Baker View Post
    ignore that. it loaded but I did the thing for an lg optimus s. I tried scrolling down it wouldn't let me. I tried hitting the back button but that confirmed it. what now?
    hmm well if the OS version installed you should still be in good and it should still have the fix boot loop option.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

thanks so much! don't leave yet and sorry if im taking you away from the superbowl haha. im on the screen to boot android, zip flashing, factory reset, preflash wipe, nandroid, partition management, cot options and power oiptions. what now?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by William Baker View Post
    thanks so much! don't leave yet and sorry if im taking you away from the superbowl haha. im on the screen to boot android, zip flashing, factory reset, preflash wipe, nandroid, partition management, cot options and power oiptions. what now?
    cot options-quick fixes i think is where the fix boot loop option is.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ok just fixed it I guess. now after this, its rebooted into a custom rom I think. it asks to set up a few things, then I hit use phone, and it says the application com.android.lgsetupwizard (process com.android.lgsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. try again.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

but ive got cannibal open touch recovery working fine with no loop.

ROM
    Changes Daily

cool, from there just to be safe i'd boot back to recovery and flash the universal installer again but choose the Optimus V this time. after that maybe look into getting a new Rom
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

thanks so much! could you keep in contact please if I run into any problems later?

ROM
    Changes Daily

i'll be around i frequent the forums here a lot
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

im new to the forums, so if I comment on this forum, you get a notification of it?

ROM
    Changes Daily

yes or you can always send me a pm if you like.
    Thanked by 3:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast