factory reseted with clockwork mod recovery now stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop (im a noob)

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
title explains the problem. its an optimus v, I needed to remove my google account, factory reseted, now stuck in clockworkmod recovery 5.2.0.7. Is this as simple as someone that could possibly email me a backup for their optimus so I could load it? how do I flash a new Xionia recovery didn't work for me. Awhile beforehand, I rooted with superoneclick. I downloaded a rom from rom manager and everything was all good until now I realized you cant factory data reset with one. Where do I go from here?!?! please help, what do I need to install/flash/extract/etcbecausemybrainisgoingtoexplode. HEEEELLPPP!:-\

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
THIS IS NOT A BOOT LOOP and im not looking for any rom stuff unless its needed. Xionia didn't work for me because further into the directions I saw the phone needs to be on

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't make a backup before you wiped whatever you wiped, you need to flash a new Rom and gapps (if its gb or above)

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't make a backup before you wiped whatever you wiped, you need to flash a new Rom and gapps (if its gb or above)

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

+1 to adamhos. You might want to flash zengarden or cot recoveries and try the fix boot loop option. I know it's not technically looping, but that can help if you can only boot to recovery.

The roms and recoveries in rom manager are a year or two old, and our phone is no longer supported. Even if you do get your old rom back, I'd recommend backing up your data and flashing a new rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
When stuck in the recovery after a factory reset from the privacy menu you must flash a zipped version of a recovery with the "fix recovery loop" option.
ZenGarden is currently the best for our V.
Put a custom ROM (and Gapps if needed) AND the zipped recovery on the SD card making sure not to put it into a folder. Go into the CWMod recovery and select the "install zip from SD card" option. Then the "select zip from SD card" option.
Select recovery zip.
When done go back to main menu and select the advanced section. Select to reboot recovery.
It will now boot into the ZenGarden recovery. The "fix recovery loop" option is in the advanced section.
Once done. Immediately flash a custom ROM (and Gapps if needed).

Last edited:

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I left zengarden on the sd zipped and unzipped. my v cant view anything in a disk image file, only zipped. signature verification failed when trying to install the zipped one. I couldn't install the custom rom either. and why cant I use a stock rom? I installed one no prob successfully but still stuck in cwm recovery.

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
there is no boot loop!!! im just stuck in recovery and need a rom and image that cwm recognizes that install correctly. it cant see anything in a disc image file format, just zipped.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
there is no boot loop!!! im just stuck in recovery and need a rom and image that cwm recognizes that install correctly. it cant see anything in a disc image file format, just zipped.

You can Toggle the Signature Verification off from the "install zip from SD card" menu, and a recovery boot-loop can include but not limited to being stuck in recovery mod, reboots back into recovery mod and/or runs the Factory/Data Reset on every boot into system. More offend then not you will be stuck in recovery mode, even if you flash another rom.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for catching my error.

To the OP. My instructions where for the recovery loop you are currently in.
You have really messed up your phone bad.
If you pay attention and follow directions, we just might be able to save it.
Getting the signature verification error on a know good recovery zip is bad. I flashed that recovery to my phone using the above directions just last week or two, so I know it's good.
This means either the recovery.zip became corrupt during the download (happens easily on slow connections). Or your phone is even more messed up than you thought.
Try checking the md5 sum of the downloaded recovery. If its bad download another.
If it checks out and turning signature verification off didn't work, then we will have to get your phone into the bootloader so we can try to flash the recovery.img ( unzipped) using fastboot commands.
If that doesn't work, we'll just have to keep slicing the balogna.

You have to have patience or you could make things way worse.

Question: Do you know what your baseband version is and the OS version is?
Example: My baseband version is ZV4 and my OS version is 2.2.1
Mine is an early phone. Later phones had OS 2.2.2 and ZV5 baseband
This info is important and much needed.
Also: Do you have the Android SDK set up properly on your computed with the Java jdk6 installed? With the path and class path to the Java.exe set properly and the path to the adb.exe set up properly?

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If superoneclick worked as well as rom managers cwm recovery I'd say its a zv4/?.?.?/novatec phone

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I remember it was running 2.2.2 froyo. I was messing around with the signature thing earlier. I think I. Disabled then reenabled it. Does it need to be on?
Also I had some android ask tools program before on my computer is that it? With all the android versions?
thank you and everyone else on the forum for trying to help me out.
Btw I'm in no rush, I've just got a lot of homework this week so I have time to try stuff out but I don't have 4 hours...
I can check it, but how do you check the md5 sum?
And to be honest, I don't care what the heck I gotta do, I just want this thing to work again. Thanks guys

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I remember it was running 2.2.2 froyo. I was messing around with the signature thing earlier. I think I. Disabled then reenabled it. Does it need to be on?
Also I had some android ask tools program before on my computer is that it? With all the android versions?
thank you and everyone else on the forum for trying to help me out.
Btw I'm in no rush, I've just got a lot of homework this week so I have time to try stuff out but I don't have 4 hours...
I can check it, but how do you check the md5 sum?
And to be honest, I don't care what the heck I gotta do, I just want this thing to work again. Thanks guys

There are tons of free md5 checkers. The do a specific operation on a file you feed it. It will spit a a result of that operation, or an md5 check sum. The provider of the rom (or whatever file) will often provide their md5 checksum so you can compare. If they match, you can trust that your file is not corrupt. Here's one from cnet:

http://m.download.cnet.com/MD5-Checker/3000-2092_4-10410639.html

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok. First thing is to make sure you have the LG USB drivers installed on your computer. Use these: http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/LG-Optimus-V.zip phone should be unpluged. After initial install, reboot computer to allow the other two drivers to be installed ( there are five in all). After reboot, plug in phone with it in recovery mode. Wait for drivers to finish installing.

Next get the Java 6 jdk from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6u38-downloads-1877406.html. If you have 32 bit Windows OS then select the x86. Once installed you will need to set the path and class path to the java.exe
Go to start/control panel/system/advanced/environmental variables.
There is a window with different variables that you can select. Scroll up till you find the class path and select it. Now choose the edit option. You will see the class path to the older java.exe. Delete it and put in it's place the class path to the new java.exe
Example, my class path shows:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk.1.6.0_33\bin" (the bin is where the Java.exe is found)
Make sure you have a " before and after. Select ok.
Now scroll down and find the path. Select it and choose edit. Don't delete anything from here. Just put in the path to the java.exe.
Example, mine is:
;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk.1.6.0_33\bin (no " on either end, but instead a ; before the C which seperates the paths). Select ok. Then ok. Go back to home screen.

Now go here: http://www.support-4-you.com/main/i...d-adb-installation&catid=40:how-tos&Itemid=57 follow the instructions. We need to make sure the path to the adb.exe is set properly so go back to environmental variables and manually enter the path. Example, my path is:
;C\SDK\platform-tools (this is where the adb.exe is).

Next we will download and install QTADB found here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/517758-playing-qtadb.html#post4093175 put it in your C drive where you put the SDK. Open the folder. Open the next folder. Right click on the Android Guy and select to make a shortcut. Move it to the desktop/home screen.

Whew! Now where finally ready.
Plug phone into computer and left click the QtADB short cut. It will first ask you to select the path to the adb.exe, when done If everything was set up properly you should see files from your computer on the left side and files from the phone on the right. In the small window on right side click on the drop down button. Select /system.
Go to /system/bin and scroll down to find su. If there great! If not go to /system/xbin and check there. If yes, you still might have a good root. Check what the permissions are. It should be rwsr-sr-x if in bin location or rwxr-xr-x if in xbin location.
If not your root is messed up or missing.
If you can't get QtADB to show anything but the SD card on the right side or root is messed up or missing then we will need to use sammyz's KDZ Unbrick guide.
If you have a good Root we can process further.
Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: If you can't see anything in the right side of QtADB then go to the recovery menu on the phone. Select "mounts and storage". Select "mount system"
If nothing shows or su is not right then we will need to put a stock system on the phone using the KDZ.

Last edited:

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
ok so I changed the path to the thing for the java, installed the sdk and did the cmd prompt, and now you want me to change that path to the path where the adb.exe is?

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
ok I started up qtadb after all that stuff, and now it just shows "connect your phone". on the left there are options like phone info and settings. and on the top there are connection, help and tools. I think I messed up...?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure your adb is working? If you set your path correctly, you should be able to open a command window, type "adb devices" (without quotes) and your phone should pop up.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for delay in getting here. Now I've got crazy slow 3G.

Follow upconvert 's advice. If the output of "adb devices" is a serial number looking output then the path to the adb.exe has ben set properly.
If output is "no device found" then double check my instructions for setting the path to the adb.exe. Double check the class path of the java.exe as well.

If still no output then we will need to see if you can get your phone into emergency mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz