factory reseted with clockwork mod recovery now stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop (im a noob)

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
If the output of "adb devices" is a serial number looking output then the path to the adb.exe has ben set properly.
If output is "no device found" then double check my instructions for setting the path to the adb.exe. Double check the class path of the java.exe as well
I don't understand where to find that information on qtadb. Is there any run around to this procedure that is a little easier? I'd like to have the phone fixed by Friday; if not, I'm just going to abort and try some other month. Ill try to be on the forum as much as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

my phone doesn't pop up

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Everything you installed ( except for QtADB) will be needed for the KDZ unbrick method.
QtADB was just a way to see weather we didn't have to go to that extreme or we did.
If you put in the paths and class path properly, and you entered in the proper path to the adb.exe when you first ran QtADB then your phone is in bad shape if not shown by it and the only other way to unbrick is with the KDZ method by sammyz.
Let me look for link. Will post in morning. Past one here. Need sleep.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
my phone doesn't pop up

If your phone isn't being recognized by adb, we need to fix that before we can do anything. Hook up the phone via usb. First, figure out where on your pc the adb.exe file is.
Then open a command window and cd to that directory. Once you are in that directory, then try to use the command adb devices. If it works now, that means you don't have your path set correctly.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure with the detailed instructions I left that he set the paths and class path properly.
If his phone is as bad off as I now think it is, then adb will not recognize it.
If it did we could flash a recovery with shell commands or fastboot commands.

The KDZ unbrick method is the next obvious step.

Learned this from chasing my tail with my brick, which is now restored.

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
No prob. I'm on the east coast of the US so idk if we have distant hours. Ill wait for the link, etc. Thanks
unless you give me the link to that thing

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
First things first.
See if you can get the phone into emergency mode the easy way.
USB cable plugged into computer, but not phone (put it in the phone just enough to keep it from falling out, but not enough to apply power).
Next hold the BACK+VOLUME DOWN button. Then while holding the other two you need to press the power button and insert the USB cable the rest of the way (all at the same time as the power button). It's kind of tricky, but can easily be done with a couple of tries.

If you don't see emergency mode on the screen let me know, there's a super secret method if that fails (hopfully it won't).

Edit: Almost forgot. The KDZ unbrick guide you need is ^ in the sticky section.

Last edited:

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
how would the kdz unbrick method work?

- - - Updated - - -

and if anyone is up for using that program that lets a user on a different computer control mine with like double UI I don't mind doing that

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
at this point, andy, you gave some great descriptive directions, but I don't think adb will recognize it; its pretty f***** up. I'd like to try with a clean slate on this kdz unbrick method because I think its bricked basically aside from the boot into cwmr. and if anyone is up for using that program that lets a user on a different computer control mine with like double UI I don't mind doing that

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You have almost every thing you need for the KDZ unbrick method to work.
In sammyz's guide there should be a download that has the rest.
First see if you can get into emergency mode the easy way and let me know one way or the other.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sammyz is the one who wrote the kdz unbrick guide for the ov as well as fixed the firmware to work with kdz.

See if you can flash the zip version of, cot.

http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/index.php?topic=42.0

If it'll flash it has the fix boot loop option that should get you out of recovery mode. Also even if the fix boot loop option doesn't fix it. COT has the ports open to use lgnpst and the official cab to get to stock.

Edit: if im way off sorry I just kind of skimmed thru

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
if I go to "install .zip from sd card, I can hit "choose from sd card" and select this cannibal image .zip or whatever but the zipped file does not show up. There is not any plain "recovery" option. am I doing this wrong?

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
ignore that. it loaded but I did the thing for an lg optimus s. I tried scrolling down it wouldn't let me. I tried hitting the back button but that confirmed it. what now?

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
it was the second 1 after the edit. I tried it after the frst link.it was in .zip and it worked but I did it for an optimus s. will that screw things up or no?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000